Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a West coast, an East coast, and a Canadian from 2006...

any chance on a South Coast (maybe austin, houston, or dallas) rally this year?

just looking around at the locations of folks, I see a good many fly-over dwellers.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Why not just create one. I am sure from the time I have been a member that their would be quite a few that would be good to go for an event like that. I am trying to put together one for dyslexic agnostic insomniacs we plan to lye awake all eve and wonder if ther really is a dog. :lol:
Good luck.
8)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragoon said:
Why not just create one. I am sure from the time I have been a member that their would be quite a few that would be good to go for an event like that.
i can't do it...i'm in oklahoma...

and nobody wants to come to oklahoma.....hell, I don't even want to stay in oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
There are SO many folks on this forum I am sure you cant avoid someone that would help. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
The official HSN rallies are East Coast, Canadian, and West Coast. I've not heard any talk from Swarm of adding other official rallies. However, if you start a thread in the Rides and Events section, you could probably get people from the Midwest interested.

I've found that the biggest roadblock to getting group rides together on this forum is when no one is willing to step up to the plate and plan a ride. Kind of the "if you build it they will come" thing.

A few years ago I attended my first group ride organized by someone on this forum. I met some really great people and had a really nice ride. Since then, I've ended up being the ride planner and leader for the Southern California group by default. We get together for rides every month or two. As the word has gotten out, we've slowly been expanding from 4-6 bikes a ride to closer to 10.

If you want to meet people from the forum and ride, I highly encourage you to step up and do the planning. Maybe send a few PMs to people in your area who you'd like to meet or who've expressed an interest in a group ride. You'll probably meet some really great people and have fun riding in the process.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Nobody does it like Hotchick :oops: , but what she says is both good advice and certainly from experience. Go for it, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Who know, I may show up
:lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
No doubt. Being a Road Captain I quit worrying about what everybody else wanted. Here's the date and time. See you then. They show up. Pretty basic. Later

·
Registered
156 Posts
Chopper Scott said:
No doubt. Being a Road Captain I quit worrying about what everybody else wanted. Here's the date and time. See you then. They show up. Pretty basic. Later
Scott has it right. Just post over in the "Rides & Events" section when & where & get a discussion going. Things will begin to happen, maybe small at first, but it'll grow.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Good advice so far!!

We were once a small group of canucks and now everyone wants to be one and ride with us :wink: :lol:

Hotchick is right! "build it and they will come"

:D

·
Registered
943 Posts
gotta go with hotchick on this...many people just want everythign done for them. Me I like planning, I learned a long time ago not to try and make everyone happy, but just to try and do something.

I put two posts up, 1 on this board,and one on my other forum, and am getting some good response to a ride....so it does work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts