Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was interesting to come across this article stating that the new exhaust was designed to not be swapped for after market...

"Although the V-twin is essentially a carryover design, it now breathes through a single 34mm constant velocity carburetor and expels exhaust gases through twin staggered side pipes carefully tuned to deter owners from fitting loud aftermarket plumbing."

Any one have any sound clips of the new C2? Was wondering how they actually sounded. Really like the sound of Cobra slashdowns, how does it compare?

Article...
http://www.motosavvy.com/fusebox/dsp_1col.cfm?page_id=307

·
Registered
507 Posts
I could probably make a sound clip. Lemme go try, I'll see how it comes out.

EDIT:

My cell phone sucks, and its the only way I have to make a vid/sound clip. Maybe I can work something else out. Stand by.

·
Registered
507 Posts
OK, well I made a video clip with the cell phone. I am not sure it will allow you to hear what you want, if you know what I mean. The microphone on the cell phone is crappy, so it may not have picked up the sound in its depth. Anyway, it's the best I can do. Maybe another C2 owner will have a real video camera and can help me out here. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqe0ECthIQQ

You may have to wait a few minutes for the video to "process" as it takes a few to be added. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks C2.
Although sound is a personal taste, seems like a little deeper, less raspy on rev than the 750D. Still pretty tame compared to aftermarket, though it's seems like an improvement.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds good. A little too tame for me. In SoCal, I am weary because cagers simply dont see but they hear me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Honestly, you know when it sounds the best? When you shift into a higher gear a little too early and then roll into the throttle. Then it really gets loud. I wish I had a way of recording sound while riding, although the wind would be a problem. You guys could actually hear it in that video? Amazing, I thought it was of crappy quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exhaust is pretty distinct, you can hear the subtleties, I think anyway. To record on the highway, throw a recorder in the saddle bag. You could use a cam if you put a thick piece of foam over mic part to block the wind. Best to have a passenger do the recording. Don't want to end up on funniest home videos.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Shad0wMan said:
Exhaust is pretty distinct, you can hear the subtleties, I think anyway. To record on the highway, throw a recorder in the saddle bag. You could use a cam if you put a thick piece of foam over mic part to block the wind. Best to have a passenger do the recording. Don't want to end up on funniest home videos.
Agreed. I'll see what I can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.