Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
OK, let's try again. Somehow my first try to upload to Photobucket compressed the file. I have not fully mastered all the ceremonial voodoo requirements of this thing.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hey Dave, maybe petition a mod to change the name of this thread to "The official Picture Thread" and this is where we can put 'em all. Maybe even sticky it...

·
Registered
423 Posts
That road look familiar Papa. Rt 58?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Buicknick72- WOW! Very close indeed, this road is Breckenridge Rd. which leads to the east out of Bakersfield and up towards lake Isabella. The road is full of potholes and the higher up in the mountains you get the more you find "run off" or loose debris on the road and especially on the sharp corners. After 11 miles and some "oh crap!" moments I turned around and headed back down. I was riding alone and just had that gut feeling. Part of Route 58 is approximately 2 miles south of where I am. You're picture I'm guessing is somewhere west of Bakersfield in the Carrizo Plains area?

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Springtime in Indiana.

Somewhere around Mt. Evans CO.

I really enjoy traveling the CO Rockies. Always something new and different.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow, great thread, i think you guys just inspired my next big trip.
+1 to williewonka, h13man, and "D" --->Great pics
Williewonka---> where is that big cliff?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I LOVE this thread! So many great pics. Love the snow pic D, and I never get sick of looking at mountain pics.

The cliff is a rock formation called The Sleeping Giant in a provincial park, NW Ontario near a city called Thunder Bay. You can hike up 4 different spots on the Giant, this is the 'knees'. Here's a link: Sleeping Giant (Ontario) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We've hiked up all 4 trails, some harder than others. Fantastic views and well worth the effort.

21 - 40 of 804 Posts