Honda Shadow Forums banner

761 - 780 of 804 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Good looking ride.
Is that a pearlescent white paint?
Yes sir! Took allot of buffing and polishing to get it looking new again, but I really like it!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My latest addition. My wife asked me how long I was going to keep this one.Not sure yet but very nice bike and with only 7800 miles on it I might have it for awhile.

And this one is with the new windshield on it

·
Registered
5,745 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other than a couple little pieces I still need to locate (still on the hunt for a chrome left side cover), it's all dressed up and ready for the road! Started the teardown on 12/23/17, and several various fits and starts later, I finally got it where I'm happy with it. Even scored a NOS highway bar to replace the well-weathered original.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
That thing is shiny !
Mine is basic black.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pictures from the first real ride I had on the 1983 vt750. 160 miles in one day. Cruised on classic Rt. 66. I met up with some buddys who recently bought dual sports. It was a great time. It’s a big change from
Having the engine on the garage floor about two months ago. I love the bike so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, I was officially compromised, as Sergeant-Major, my work colleague captured me on his tail-cam. (an actual veteran of the polish army from a certain modern war theatre, a rough, but likable sort, though only I can stomach him in the office XD I like the way he thinks, and I was kinda raised amongst soldiers, so we are good friends. He owns a korean V engine 125cc classic cruiser, almost the same size as my Shadow. Even the sound isn't so bad, just not the fastest machine)

So, this is me, on my way home from work around 06:30 AM :D 15 minutes away from my beer and (tobacco) hookah.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I picture I took for the tag game, Tide out for the Manukau Harbor at its furthermost southern corner (New Zealand)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not my Shadow, but I snuck my VTX out to the helipad at work!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Flashback:

Took a little ride down to Kiawah, SC today, and then by Angel Oak.

Angel Oak from Wiki:
Angel Oak is a Southern live oak (Quercus virginiana) located in Angel Oak Park on Johns Island near Charleston, South Carolina. The tree is estimated to be 400-500 years old.[1] It stands 66.5 ft (20 m) tall, measures 28 ft (8.5 m) in circumference, and produces shade that covers 17,200 square feet (1,600 m2). Its longest branch distance is 187 ft[2] in length. Angel Oak was the 210th tree to be registered with the Live Oak Society.
Noticed that All-State Insurance has a commercial featuring the Angel Oak.

As you can tell, my photos didn’t do the tree justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
I will be down there next week, I plan to take my boy over and snap some pics of him there, just because, why not.....
That tree is something special.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
It had been a busy week and I had not been on the bike, the sun was getting low so a ride out to the coast to watch the sun set was the plan :D

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I missed the pic that shows the bike the best

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, I haven't been on this forum in a long, long time, years in fact. I just wanted to show you the '07 VLX 600 project that I did. I didn't take a lot of pics during the project but the following should be worth a hundred words.

Custom Paint Job
Italian Leather Solo Seat
FAT 240 mm Rear Tire (will accommodate a 250 mm tire)
6-inch Polished Extended Forks
Harley Davidson rear disc brake, sprocket, chain
Chrome Custom Engine Guard/Highway Bar
Chrome Custom Mirrors
Chrome Custom Bullet Lights
Chrome Custom Master Cylinder Cover
Chrome Horn Cover
Chrome Radiator Cover
Chrome Regulator Cover
Charging tender/cigarette lighter
Polished aluminum parts
Cruise Control