Honda Shadow Forums banner

781 - 800 of 874 Posts

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,886 Posts
Hey all, I haven't been on this forum in a long, long time, years in fact. I just wanted to show you the '07 VLX 600 project that I did. I didn't take a lot of pics during the project but the following should be worth a hundred words.

Custom Paint Job

Italian Leather Solo Seat

FAT 240 mm Rear Tire (will accommodate a 250 mm tire)

6-inch Polished Extended Forks

Harley Davidson rear disc brake, sprocket, chain

Chrome Custom Engine Guard/Highway Bar

Chrome Custom Mirrors

Chrome Custom Bullet Lights

Chrome Custom Master Cylinder Cover

Chrome Horn Cover

Chrome Radiator Cover

Chrome Regulator Cover

Charging tender/cigarette lighter

Polished aluminum parts

Cruise Control

Chrome Shift Extender

LED Side Mount License Plate
Sweet! Did you do your own fab work on the swing arm?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Blue flames yes I did all the work myself, including paint. Sorry i don’t post much the internet isn’t much my bag. I’ll check back every once in a while in case there’s questions.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,886 Posts
Blue flames yes I did all the work myself, including paint. Sorry i don’t post much the internet isn’t much my bag. I’ll check back every once in a while in case there’s questions.
Nice work man!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
18 Phantom w/ Cobra Exhaust

Recently purchased 18 Shadow Phantom. Couldn't live with the low tone of the stock exhaust. Went with the Cobra Slashdown Exhaust and wow night and day difference! I actually feel good cruising around hearing the sound of the exhaust rumble through the gears. Even just sitting at the stop light. Sounds great! worth every penny! Next is cleaning up that rear end ugly plastic license plate holder thing. Lost some low end torque but the top end feels a bit quicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not a very good picture, they need to mow the grass but a gap that has my name on it, from the people that grew up here from the 1700's.About mile post 40 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.I tried to load a picture of a sign showing Clark"s gap. Edit;Picture works now.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,757 Posts
Not a very good picture, they need to mow the grass but a gap that has my name on it, from the people that grew up here from the 1700's.About mile post 40 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.I tried to load a picture of a sign showing Clark"s gap.I seem to lost this with the change here,tried attachment and link too.Hope it's just a glitch.
Can you try uploading the picture again? Just want to see if you are still having problems.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Wow ,moose and I worry about the bear and deer here but any one of the three and it would be bad for us on a motorcycle,I hit deer with a car and a truck before and wrecked the car then watched the deer get up and RUN away.The one I hit with the truck with a snow plow mount on it, went unhurt(the truck not sure about the deer) it went over the cab into the bed of the truck,while I was looking at it not moveing it suddenly jumped out of the truck and ran back into the woods.I got my first deer with a 350 automatic and the second with a 350 four speed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lol Steve! A guy I worked with hit one with his car on his way to work (gravel backroad). He jumped out of his vehicle, pulled out a knife and put the deer out of his misery. Heck of a way to start your day!
o_O

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
This morning I saw a therm o-nuclear bomb drop on Charlottesville, Virginia,no wait it was just the sun at sun rise.They look similar here.Blue Ridge Pkwy.Afton Mt. Overlook. mile 0.1.
1982 Honda GL500I SilverWing.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Rocked out on The Grand Old Lady for a funeral run today. She's been mine since July 2003. I'm the 4th owner and have put most of the 41K miles on her.

781 - 800 of 874 Posts