Honda Shadow Forums banner

821 - 840 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
A little humor post for today. I was riding my CTX a while back and saw a cop sitting on the side of the road. It was a K9 unit and his dogs were pitching a fit for some reason.
I pulled up beside him and asked it his squad had a no social posting while on duty policy. He said no. So I asked if he was game to pose like he was getting Panda for no helmet.
This is the 2nd result. The first one, he was laughing too hard and I told him he had to look more serious for a no helmet offense :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cabin fever setting in and looking at some ole photos.
Another incident. I was out getting a race track for a tag on another board. This is in Sayre, Alabama. As I went to the track to take the photo, I saw an old shop with some old cars. I decided to stop on the way back. I snapped this and was about to leave.

This guy comes walking out:

I apologized for trespassing and explained I just want a shot of the old cars. He laughed, said "I'm Wolfman. Come on in, I wanna show you something"
We stepped inside and I took this pano:

He says this is nothing. Come on in to the back. She showed me the rest room and asked what I thought about his new "sink".

He had just installed it and the faucet wasn't working yet.
As I was exiting, I looked into the garage and kinda stared. He said go on in and look at 'em. Just hobbies that he was restoring.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Another day and another tag, I went to Pinson, Alabama to get it. As I passed through downtown Pinson, I saw this old building that looked like a 50's pharmacy.

Went over to the window and peeked in. Took these through the window: (sorry for the reflection)

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,781 Posts
Thanks for the cool old photos. Panda sure gets around these days.

Reactions: blue flames

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hope you don't mind me sharing a friend's photo. He rides a standard CTX1300. I've shared photos of our bovine friends, but always with a fence between my ride and the cattle.
He was much braver than I. This photo is taken at the Bandera County court house in TX(I think it was in spring of '17). Notice he has a saddle with stirrups and his name is Xenco.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hope you don't mind me sharing a friend's photo. He rides a standard CTX1300. I've shared photos of our bovine friends, but always with a fence between my ride and the cattle.
He was much braver than I. This photo is taken at the Bandera County court house in TX(I think it was in spring of '17). Notice he has a saddle with stirrups and his name is Xenco.
View attachment 285830
So... with a saddle and stirrups, looks like that might be the ONLY bull I would try to ride!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I like that flat black. Edit: Matte Black
Q: Your opinion of +/- on those Z-bars. Did you have to change cables? Looks like they are tilted toward the front of the bike?
They aren’t like the standard z-bars, they have a machined side plate, and are designed to tilt forward, it’s like a raised and stretched drag bar. Still running factory cables and such, but they are a little long.
The narrower grip position makes it take way less input to turn in. I really like them. I got some 12” apes that worked with the factory cables, but didn’t like the added rise.
The only down side was the lack of room for bar clamps for my turn signals, so I mounted them on the side plates. Found them on Amazon for $46.
Sidenote: I find I drag my peg stops more as between the bars and the retune it performs much better. I started doing some hand drags, too. Now I need new gloves!

·
Registered
2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
38 Posts
My new/used 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 just after waxing and polishing the chrome today. After this I went to a deserted parking lot and spent a couple hours doing figure eights until I could do them as tight as possible. I absolutely love this bike!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Here’s a few from yesterday’s ride

The one with bike on top of mountain is on top of black mountain The highest place in ky. Theres a group starting to promote this area for riding there calling this road dragon slayer 160 The hwy number is ky 160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

821 - 840 of 886 Posts