Honda Shadow Forums banner

861 - 880 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Saw this mural on my left and thought it was a bad paint job. As I got closer, I realized it was a faint mural. Did a U-Turn and came back to check it out. Vacant building.

·
Registered
220 Posts
200 mile ride today and took several pics. I know different themes attract different folks. This one made me think of Mayberry and the peaceful little community.
Guy was sitting behind the shed in his overalls. I asked him if I could take a photo since he was there. He just nodded. I stepped back so he wouldn't be in the photo.
While I didn't this time, I usually buy something from these places. I'll have to go back......Panda wanted to know what kinda bird lays green eggs that big o_O

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,830 Posts
Clampett, you sure are having fun. And panda is getting a great education.
Teach him the fine art of spitting watermelon seeds.:sneaky:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I finished visiting the last of the covered bridges in the adjacent county. This one is called Swann bridge.
I let Ying do a selfie for this one:

On the way back, stopped at Shorty Machen's busy store(Yes, they were really open). Even the pumps were wearing gloves during the lockdown :p

Took a lot of photos that day but only a few make the cut.
This was Guntersville Harbor. I stopped because the sky was just a brilliant blue. As usual, the photo doesn't do justice. But It still made the cut.

·
Registered
1993 honda shadow vt1100
6 Posts
love & peace to all.
this is this morning in front of our wonderful home & picture of my honda shadow vt1100 1993 beside our edible home garden. a little cloudy today but still a very nice & cold morning. can't ride far these days due to movement restrictions because of the virus pandemic. wish you all safe & happy always

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I finished visiting the last of the covered bridges in the adjacent county. This one is called Swann bridge.
I let Ying do a selfie for this one:

On the way back, stopped at Shorty Machen's busy store(Yes, they were really open). Even the pumps were wearing gloves during the lockdown :p

Took a lot of photos that day but only a few make the cut.
This was Guntersville Harbor. I stopped because the sky was just a brilliant blue. As usual, the photo doesn't do justice. But It still made the cut.
Guntersville? I have a decent sized track on Pleasant Hill rd, top of sand mt right before you descend the hill to the lake by Craw Mama’s

·
Registered
90 Posts
My wife and me we had a short trip to the seaside, Timmendorf, baltic sea/Northern Germany. Had a Rostbratwurst, ice cream and some time at the beach (not that warm wheather but great). What a relief, time to relax.

View attachment 287739
View attachment 287740 View attachment 287741 View attachment 287743
I'm from San Diego, California and don't usually think of beaches when I think of Germany. Timmendorf is absolutely gorgeous. I hope to someday visit that place when I retire and roam this good earth.

·
Registered
VT 1100c 1994
219 Posts
@JPatron well said! Same to me, I am Austrian who came to Germany many years ago and got stuck in northern Germany a while ago (after living in Munich and Berlin, where I met my wife). I only knew the beaches in France or Italy, or when I went to Oz, Bondi Beach. But beaches in Germany??

Here up north there are some really beautiful places, on the western side (north sea) or at the east, didn't know that and I was really surprised! Like "Nordfriesland", at the border to Denmark: wide, flat landscapes, and the Wadden Sea in the north west, and the islands over there.

I love it, it's quiet, and beautiful. The folks there use to say that it's that flat that you can see on the horizon who is coming for coffee and cake tomorrow...😃 very special type of people drinking tea most of the time :giggle:

And then we went to Denmark for vacation the first time, man, beautiful places there, with wild and biiig beaches, where they drive with their cars (e.g. Röm). Last year we went on vacation with friends in the very north of Danmark, with a flat right in the sand dunes. so beautiful. And on the beaches there are still the bunkers of the WWII.

Sorry for OT... but yes, beautiful planet with many great places, we'd better take care of it.

861 - 880 of 886 Posts