Honda Shadow Forums banner
901 - 920 of 937 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC
74 Posts
I've been thinking for my next set of tires to go white wall. I just personally like the look especially on the 07 C2's and newer... any tips on keeping them clean?
I have had great success with a solution of hot water and dish washing liquid then scrubbing with a bristle brush(vigorously), I then wipe the inside near the rim with a shop rag soaked in the bubbly solution to rid that area of grime. And I found that the "magic eraser" pads are awesome for touch ups! I probably wouldn't have had to clean so vigorously if I had been using a better chain lube such as the Bel Ray which is really good for staying on the chain, not flinging off on your tire and also not gathering up everything that nears it. The Ams Oil chain lube gets a major thumbs down from me (whitewalls or not) on all those counts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its not my Shadow but I rode 4 different bikes for 8 days in MT, ID, WA and OR, and just wanted to share a couple pics. Such awesome riding in those western states! Top photo down; Hells Canyon just below the Dam (Oregon/Idaho border), Skalkaho Pass in southwest MT, and Lone Peak Reservoir just outside of Boise.
Natural landscape Mountainous landforms Mountain Wilderness Nature reserve
Vehicle Motorcycle Adventure Trail Mountain range

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nothing like the great pics above... but we went on a fun little ride last week. Sturgis KY (they have a good rally too), then took the ferry across the river to Cave-In-Rock IL (a cave on the bank of the river that outlaws used as a hideout), then on to Garden of the Gods IL... then a fast ride home to beat the thunderstorms chasing us!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have had great success with a solution of hot water and dish washing liquid then scrubbing with a bristle brush(vigorously), I then wipe the inside near the rim with a shop rag soaked in the bubbly solution to rid that area of grime. And I found that the "magic eraser" pads are awesome for touch ups! I probably wouldn't have had to clean so vigorously if I had been using a better chain lube such as the Bel Ray which is really good for staying on the chain, not flinging off on your tire and also not gathering up everything that nears it. The Ams Oil chain lube gets a major thumbs down from me (whitewalls or not) on all those counts.
Scrubbing Bubbles and Simple Green work on white walls too.

Don`t be afraid to wipe off the excess oil on the Outside of the chain. It`s the rollers and inside of the chain that need the lube, Not the outside. Oil on the outside serves no purpose. It just flings off.
'

·
Registered
74 Posts
Heres a couple pics of what might have been my last good ride of the year (warm). Just outside of Anchorage on the Turnagain Arm, top pic is looking west and north, you can see the tail end of the Alaska Range in the background.Bottom pic is looking inward at the arm, south and east toward Portage.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,752 Posts
Beautiful ride pictures.
Here in the Seattle area we have so much air pollution from fires on the West Coast, that is unhealthy, I am just staying inside for now.
This sure is some crazy weather. We have fires up and down the West Coast, and there are floods in the South.
So you guys with good weather take advantage of it.

Reactions: kesanders

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,752 Posts
LOOKIN' GOOD

·
Registered
279 Posts
This is Mooresville Post Office. Oldest continually operated office in Alabama for about 200 years.
The entire town is on the National Historic Register.

And the old Brick Church:

And about 10 miles away, I got a pic with one of the display rockets at the Space Museum:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Normally it`s Much colder where I live in November. It was actually Colder in October. So I took off before dawn for a nice long ride in the country.
I took along my old Kodak camera. It`s around 15 years old and pretty outdated. But I enjoy playing with it.

901 - 920 of 937 Posts