Honda Shadow Forums banner
1021 - 1039 of 1039 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Decided to get out for a Labor Day Ride today. Connected the Bluetooth Headset and told Siri to "Play Songs By Rush" It might be my imagination but I seem to pick up the pace a little when Red Barchetta comes on!
First stop, the never finished Satsop Nuclear Power Plant. It is kind of eerie to go up to this site. It has been turned into kind of an industrial park but is still a little run down. Ever see a tunnel boring machine up close?
Also had to stop at Burgerville USA for some Walla Walla Sweet Onion Rings. A picture of the Chehalis Steam Plant,it used to be coal fired but has since been converted to natural gas. If you look close you can see a wind farm in the background. Great day of riding!
F
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Daytime Sky Plant

Automotive tire Tree Mode of transport Fence Rolling

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Cloud Sky

Food Ingredient Staple food Cuisine Dish

Cloud Sky Building Land lot Electricity

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Plant

·
Registered
2013 Black Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
211 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
443 Posts
Don't know if I can get my wife to go the 6 hour ride each way from our house to Mexico on the Shadow or not.....but if I do.... will definitely take pics... they've got some cool "wall art" like that in Piederas Negras, MX/Eagle Pass TX. (border town)

·
Premium Member
'08 Spirit 750
112 Posts
One of my other hobbies is building Rose Parade floats. Being somewhat retired, I no longer do commercial builds. There're only six "self built" (all volunteer built) floats left in the Parade these days (the rest of the Parade's all commercially built). I'm presently head of construction at Sierra Madre Rose Float Assoc, and technical advisor on Pomona Cal Poly's Rose Float program, two of those six.

Cal Poly builds half their float at the Pomona campus, and the other half at the San Louis Obispo campus (they bring the SLO half down & assemble'em in November for the Parade on the 1st). The Pomona "lab" (as they call it) has been this ramshackle tin shed set & "floatport" since they started many years ago. They recently erected a new "lab" on another area on campus. It's now quite the envy of the rest of the "self builts" (I still don't understand that term, I've never gotten a float to build itself yet :unsure:).

Anyway, here're pics of the old & new "labs".
Enjoy. :cool:
Sky Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Sky Tire Wheel Architecture

·
Registered
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
67 Posts
So I needed to go for a short ride to warm up the oil so I could change out the oil & filter. I got home 9 hours later. Beautiful morning for a ride so I kept heading out into the countryside. Took a pic as the sun was first coming up then stopped at my favorite spot to enjoy the rest of the sunrise.
View attachment 301559
View attachment 301560
View attachment 301561
Then we just kept heading west. Found some corn coming in.
View attachment 301562
Then took a pic for the " get out and ride tag game". Meandering on, I saw some more pic moments. View attachment 301563
View attachment 301564

Always looking for roads less traveled, I found a quiet place near a small boat launch and an old one lane bridge.
View attachment 301565
Putting onward, I saw a sign for Peach Bottom, PA. Tiny town with one road in and same road to get back out. After getting in as far as I could, I stopped and found a good reason to sit for a while. View attachment 301566
The bench said " enjoy the view" , so I did.
More wandering and more roads less traveled brought more pics.
View attachment 301568
Absolutely beautiful area must have been an amazing ride! You have a beautiful bike man thanks for sharing. Definitely need to find time to do the same thing.

·
Registered
2013 Black Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2
211 Posts
I road up to the Weirs in Laconia, NH yesterday. They were having Biketemberfest. I didn’t participate in the beer drinking, but had a slice of pizza and a coke. It was fun looking at all the bikes. Great turnout. In my approximation, there were 6 Indians, a couple cool triumph custom bobbers, a Norton, 4 big bmws, a BOSS HOSS!, 3 gold wings, 837,743 Harley’s and ONE Honda Shadow. 🤠
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Sky Building Asphalt Street light Road surface

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
472 Posts
A couple weeks ago my wife and I took off for a four-day jaunt up Michigan's thumb coast of Lake Huron. It was the first overnighter we've done with this bike. I was a little curious how it would handle the load, as we were well over the weight limit. It did fine, as long as we weren't in a hurry, lol. Which we were not. It cruised the blacktop just fine at 55-60, just wasn't winning stoplight drags. I was very happy with it's performance.

So we just cruised up and down the coast on M-25, park-hopping from Lexington (where we rented a cottage) to Port Austin. Spent lots of time doing absolutely nothing at the beach. It was great.

Here she is a loaded up, at this angle looking like the Leaning Tower of Pisa:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Another view, this one not seeming quite as precarious:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

And the rewards:
Water Sky Natural landscape Coastal and oceanic landforms Beach

Lake Huron in Michigan is on the sunrise side, so no sunsets over the water. But the moon was nearly full, and we had some great moonrises in the evenings:
Water Sky Atmosphere Fluid Afterglow

Water Sky Cloud Atmosphere Afterglow

The beaches aren't always sandy. Rocky shoreline is really more typical. This is the Pointe Aux Barque lighthouse. The township has a really nice park here at the top of the thumb:
Water Sky Water resources Natural landscape Plant

We had perfect weather. We went immediately after Labor Day, and absolutely no one was around. Mostly we had the parks and the roads to ourselves. It was a much-needed and very rewarding little escape.

·
Registered
874 Posts
@roadsnakes clouds in the sky make for some incredible colors! Crayola could never duplicate what Mother Nature creates...Great Pics!
'
When I left my house it was still dark. Once I got out of the city and into the country I could see in my rearview mirror it was going to be a nice sunrise.
There`s a spot I`ve been going to for decades to watch the sun come up if I`m in the area. I headed for that site, because I know those colorful sunrises only last about a minute or two.
'
Here`s a couple of pics I took a couple of days ago after a early Bicycle ride....

Bicycle Water Sky Wheel Tire

Water Boat Sky Cloud Watercraft

'
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Cloud

'
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
19,623 Posts
Beautiful shots, thanks.
Make a nice start for the day with a smie on your face.

1021 - 1039 of 1039 Posts