Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As more and more Phantom members join, I wanted to get a specific thread so us Phantom owners can swap pics, update on mods, and shoot the breeze about our blacked-out-beauties!

Post up!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Excellent idea! 2010 Phantom, Vance and Hines Shortshots, Cobra Highway Bar, Mustang seat, Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing, Blue Collar Bobbers front light bar and bullet lights, Blue Collar Bobbers license plate side mount and rear bullet lights, Kuryakyn grips, bar-ends, Iso-Pegs and Highway pegs. Blacked out the speedo housing and side cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've attached a couple pictures.

177 is a close up of the scootworks 2" risers. You can also see what the windscreen quick release hardware looks like when the windscreen is off.

186 shows a couple things. Mustang Wide Touring Two-Piece Vintage Seat. Cobra black sissy bar. Cobra black saddlebag supports. Note that I've pulled off the grey bar that would otherwise be under the sissy bar supports because I think it looks better without it.

164 is a close up of the quick release mounting hardware for the windscreen.

173 is a picture of the "Memphis Shades Windshield - Alley Cat - Gradient black 7 Inch" mounted with "Memphis Shades Trigger-Lock Mount Kit for Sportshield Windshields - Black"

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Has anyone put forward controls on there phantom? Or different footpegs? Im really looking to stretch my legs out a little. 😃 pics if you gotta them.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
225 Posts
173 is a picture of the "Memphis Shades Windshield - Alley Cat - Gradient black 7 Inch" mounted with "Memphis Shades Trigger-Lock Mount Kit for Sportshield Windshields - Black"
How is the wind buffeting with a shield that tall, and does it send wind clear over your head.
I am looking at a somewhat shorter hellcat.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
115 Posts
How is the wind buffeting with a shield that tall, and does it send wind clear over your head.
I am looking at a somewhat shorter hellcat.
I'm 5'7". It sends the wind completely over the top of my head just touching the top of my helmet. When I went through a rain sprinkle on the highway, my face mask stayed dry. I notice no buffeting at all. You may also be over estimating how tall it is because of the angle of the picture I took. When riding, I'm looking over it and pretty much never need to look through it except when parking.

·
Registered
115 Posts
On buffeting, realistically the phantom is a low bike with a low center of gravity, that you sit pretty low on. My partner's bmw sport-touring bike sits way higher than mine, and as a side effect gets real amounts of highway buffeting. The Phantom is so well behaved on the highway by comparison and in general with 2-up that any time we need to go 2-up we use my bike even though the bmw has a bigger and more powerful engine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
this is a good idea .
preparing to do my first oil change
anyone know how many liters of oil
I need ?
by the way anyone knows what is the
horsepower for an 2012 phantom
? thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
38 with a couple of horses pulling it. I've read as low as 34. But I'm not too concerned about HP. I'd rather have a dual disc brake up front, or a disc in both rear and back. (for riding 2up)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 20 of 1618 Posts