Honda Shadow Forums banner

1601 - 1619 of 1619 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
2018 Shadow Phantom. Bags and a Corbin seat on the way.

Nice looking bike! The all blacked out sure looks good, Im too lazy to take my front end apart to paint mine,,,one day though.

Hello from Portland, Oregon.
I have a 2018 Phantom, and a lighting question. I want to get rid of the stock rear fender (brake light turn signals etc) and the front turn signals. What are y’alls recommendations for after market lighting options. I have no electrical experience so low complexity would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Dteel

Looks good! Y might want to remove that sticker from the fuel tank. I have no advice for alternate lamp assemblies for the Phantom since I like the large turnsignals. I commute quite a bit and want to make sure that folks see my lights. I did change all my bulbs to LED and it makes quite a difference.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Is it hard to install the cobra fi2000 does anyone hve a video or so any advice would help thanks
Hopefully this isn't too late but it is very easy to install, just follow the instructions. I mounted mine in the side tool box area so it is easy to get at instead of under the seat. Very easy to make adjustments to get it the way you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone ever swap out that bulky rear tail light section? Also do the cobra , v&h from previous years work on the phantoms? I imagine everything looks the same. Pick up my phantom Saturday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the Cobra pipes and Corbin seat on my '18 Phantom, but I'm also curious about swapping out the bulky rear tail light for something classier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ,
Am looking for small help to find a throttle tube for my 2016 phantom. It’s broken and I couldn’t find one in my country ( Saudi Arabia )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for recommendations on handlebar riser extensions that will work with the stock Phantom bars. I saw previously where someone had installed some they got from Scootworks. Anyone bought any recently?

·
Registered
12 Posts
2012 phantom. Came with a Ultimate driver seat only , problem is the manufacturer doesnt make passenger seat for this model so im going to have to get a different seat all around. i see EVERYONE complain about the stock seat and EVERYONE love the mustang. First off, im a daily driver, but my rides dont involve more than 20 minutes each stop, in any case i wanna take my girl out, our rides will be a tad longer ofcourse so... my dilemma is this, should i really spend extra $$$ on a mustang (daytripper) or go for the stock until im really gonna go on the road for long trips? (3h+) o_O

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
You can buy the item from that website. I asked a lot of sellers on ebay who were selling other custom risers and none game me answers i wanted. I bought the scootworks and felt quite a bit of difference. I think stock handlebar with good grips and these risers will def make the ride more comfortable. Your lines may run a little tight and may need to be reconfigured but it's relatively simple.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2012 phantom. Came with a Ultimate driver seat only , problem is the manufacturer doesnt make passenger seat for this model so im going to have to get a different seat all around. i see EVERYONE complain about the stock seat and EVERYONE love the mustang. First off, im a daily driver, but my rides dont involve more than 20 minutes each stop, in any case i wanna take my girl out, our rides will be a tad longer ofcourse so... my dilemma is this, should i really spend extra $$$ on a mustang (daytripper) or go for the stock until im really gonna go on the road for long trips? (3h+) o_O
i have a herniated disc at the l3 l4...first ride ever was 2,400 miles across the country through everything and storms on my 140 lb body frame.

I have no clue why people are complaining...it literally fixed my back because of how comfy and ergonomic it is. people complaining must be overweight or have bad butts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my new-to-me 2013 Honda Shadow Phantom in August. Got a good deal on it, it think, but needed a bit of work. Interestingly, after replacing the de-baffled exhaust and K&N type air filter with completely OEM parts, the bike ran a lot smoother and stronger. There was an un-connected tuner thing under the seat, but I tossed that to the side. One of the previous owners also shaved the rear fender, also cutting the fender frame back, and put the license on the side. Not sure how I feel about that, but for me to fix it, I’d have to replace the entire rear fender frame and the license/license light plastic bracket.

-replaced the de-baffled, spray bombed exhaust for a like new chrome one I found on ebay. Also new exhaust gaskets.
-replaced pegs with Kuryakyn mini boards
-my back was shot for 2 weeks after riding an hour on the Honda Banana Seat. Replaced it with a Mustang w/backrest. Can ride all day now.
-replaced the K&N air filter thing with an OEM filter box I also found on ebay.
-the side mirrors were also spray bombed and had embarrassing runs in the paint. Sanded and repainted. Debating ordering the chrome OEM mirrors.
-changed oil/filter, spark plugs, final drive oil
-replaced missing Honda emblems on the side covers under the seat
-replaced missing chrome swing arm joint cover on clutch side
-Installed some Viking bags along with EasyBrackets locking mounts. I had a machine shop turn the mounting studs 3/8” shorter to get the brackets closer to the bike.
-had some cheap chinese rear turn signals on it, they also had splices with electrical tape and wire nuts all under the rear fender. Ordered new OEM signals and ran new wiring that came with them
-replaced rear tire
-painted the gray/silver fender piece and the engine top covers black
-took apart front end and painted the front fork covers and upper and lower trees. I left the lower tree on, covered and painted while attached, because didnt want to mess with the bearings and all that. If paint doesnt hold up, Ive got no problem taking it apart and getting it powder coated
-you can notice on the before pic, the fork tubes were slid up, sticking up half inch out of the top clamps. Set it right during assembly after painting.
-probably other minor stuff I cant remember

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can buy the item from that website. I asked a lot of sellers on ebay who were selling other custom risers and none game me answers i wanted. I bought the scootworks and felt quite a bit of difference. I think stock handlebar with good grips and these risers will def make the ride more comfortable. Your lines may run a little tight and may need to be reconfigured but it's relatively simple.
How so? I get an error when I go to buy the SWR-29 risers for the phantoms? It tells me the shopping cart is offline and I need to email to order, but when I email them I don't get a response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I been looking around in other threads but nothing seems to finalize the answer to my troubles!
is the cobra powrflow worth the money? and for the fi2000r what are the best settings(with stock air intake)??
2 5 2? 2 5 0?
i have the streetrod slashdown pipes btw.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I put the powerflo on mine and I'd say it made a great difference. Performance was much better in my opinion. I used the cobra black fuel processor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1601 - 1619 of 1619 Posts