Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the RS is a fairly new model and there seems to be a lot of discussion of after market parts, I thought we should start a thread to compile all parts we've found that work. I just bought my RS 3 weeks ago. I've done a lot of research on it and joined this web site to learn more. So, lets put all our info in one spot.

I just ordered a bunch of parts this evening and I hope to have pics up this weekend.

Heres a start:

Kuryakyn foot peg adapter- Front #8803, Rear #8802

Cobra Accessories- CobraUSA | Shadow RS 750, Motorcycle Accessories

Windshield- National Cycle Street Shield EX. (I called Memphis Shades, at this point they don't make a quick release for the RS. They also wont guarantee the fit of a universal windshield.

Service Manual- www.helminc.com #61MGR02 (The part number in the owners manual is wrong)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just got mine almost two weeks ago, have ordered the shop manual through Helm Inc. Did get the Honda boulevard screen. Looking to add a rack, possibly the Cobra solo one, easy-brackets for saddlebags, Cobra crash bars, and the Cobra tachometer.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got mine almost two weeks ago, have ordered the shop manual through Helm Inc. Did get the Honda boulevard screen. Looking to add a rack, possibly the Cobra solo one, easy-brackets for saddlebags, Cobra crash bars, and the Cobra tachometer.

How do you like the Honda screen? Does it help much with wind deflection?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replacement Seat- No knew info yet. I contacted Mustang and as we knew, they do not make a seat for the rs. As for Corbin, they don't make a RS seat. I still need to contact them for more info. If I don't get anywhere by late fall, I'll prob send my seat out to a custom shop. I was looking at Rick Mayer. Anyone recommend any other seat builders?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought my RS new in 2010. I have added a National Cycle Street Shield, Kuryakyn Iso Grips, front Iso pegs and rear Iso floorboards, BrakeAway cruise control, Cobra PowerFlo air intake, Cobra highway bars, Show Chrome radiator cover, Skeens Designs P3 and Turbo Blaster lights, Honda rear rack and tall sissy bar, Grifter license plate storage box, Honda chrome license plate frame, Scootworks Phat Risers II. I have been hounding Corbin for some time about a seat for the RS as the stock seat is pretty uncomfortable after a short time but I have been unable to get any answers as to when one may be available. Maybe all the RS owners need to call Corbin and light a fire under them.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have been hounding Corbin for some time about a seat for the RS as the stock seat is pretty uncomfortable after a short time but I have been unable to get any answers as to when one may be available. Maybe all the RS owners need to call Corbin and light a fire under them.
Corbin will make a seat for the RS as soon as someone brings an RS to them. The first RS to arrive gets a free seat and then everyone else can buy one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just emailed Corbin and got an email back saying it would only take 4 hours if somebody would bring them a bike to build a seat from. Even said you could eat in their onsite Restaurant.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just emailed Corbin and got an email back saying it would only take 4 hours if somebody would bring them a bike to build a seat from. Even said you could eat in their onsite Restaurant.
Road trip. Who lives closest?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I too have been in contact with corbin, i'm trying to get permission to visit their florida store near daytona and have measurements taken off my r/s then the cal store would do the build, cause they don't build new seats here, according to them. They are a couple hours from here but would gladly ride down.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too have been in contact with corbin, i'm trying to get permission to visit their florida store near daytona and have measurements taken off my r/s then the cal store would do the build, cause they don't build new seats here, according to them. They are a couple hours from here but would gladly ride down.
Do it for the team!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The tiny Honda boulevard screen is my first attempt at life with a windshield, this being my first street only bike, not a huge difference compared to a taller Memphis Shades windshield, however is more discrete and stylish. Got my genuine Honda shop manual from Helm Inc today, what a detailed publication to help learn more about the bike. Did order Cobra "crash bars", and standalone luggage rack yesterday, hopefully have within two weeks. Will order Easy-Brackets soon, and try to find an affordable set I like of saddlebags.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have the Easybrackets and used it with the small Willie & Max saddlebags. I took them all off. The bike looks way better, and the bags did not hold very much anyway. I think if the RS was a cruiser then it would be different. I do have a fork bag that I have decided to keep on the RS just for all those little things I might need. If I need to carry more stuff I just put the MotoFizz small seat bag on the Cobra rear rack and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, I've had my RS for just a few weeks. It is bone stock for now just because I'm not sure what I want to do yet. After having some interesting rides in the wind I am considering a windshield but I'm not sure which one I like best yet. There were a couple on National Cycle that I liked.

As much as I'd like to do something with the pipes I think thats one part that will be staying stock. The main reason I bought the bike was for commuting. And since I am a shift working there are times I am leaving very early in the morning. Don't want to waking people up at 5am.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm leaving the stock pipes on too RC. I am happy with how the RS sounds. Although I like the look of aftermarket pipes, I don't want the noise. I just installed a Cobra PowerFlo air cleaner and have not tried it out yet. I hate the obtrusive stock air cleaner.

The Honda Boulevard Windscreen gave me a great place to mount my GPS and EZ-Pass. The GPS is mounted to one of the struts that mount the windscreen using a RAM handlebar mount.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I heard back from corbin/florida, they do no manufacturing of new seats there and said the measurements would not be enough, corbin/california needs our actual seat pan to make a new one. I also contacted honda accessories and mustang seats to let them know we all are looking. Are there no r/s owners near Hollister? about 90 miles south of frisco.

1 - 20 of 664 Posts