Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Thought I'd share my other half of my motorcycling hobby. This was my first track day and will not be my last. I loved every second of it and out of all the riders in the level of my class, I did the most laps and got the most pics ;). My next class is June 6th and will continue to do track days.

The reason I do track days is cause I'm not out there to set street records or build street cred. I like being in a safe environment when going fast and also in a controlled environment where I can push myself safely. Plus, its predictable for the most part! Here are some pics of my adventure on May 3rd. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
8,930 Posts
Very Cool! I like going fast too.. As I see it, that's why God invented the Highways and the Interstates.. It's Track Day for old, slow people :)

..Here's a question for ya.. Why do they tape over mirrors and lights on a track day?

Remove distractions?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looks like fun! I am always looking at sportier bikes but gonna get some good mileage under my belt before I get something with real power. How long were you on the 600RR before you felt ready for track day?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tape is for distractions on all the lights as well as broken glass if one of us goes down. I bought this 600rr over the winter but have been riding sportbikes and dual sports prior to this for a few years on and off. So this is maybe a few weeks under my belt with my 600rr and I love every moment of it when it is running correctly.

As far as racing, I haven't got in to that just yet as I'm still working on my technique and being smooth, etc. Maybe next year I'll think about going faster and with other people.

Track days are provided by 2 organizations at a small driving course, or Brainerd International Raceway or Road America and sometimes High plains and I believe blackfarms.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like fun! I am always looking at sportier bikes but gonna get some good mileage under my belt before I get something with real power. How long were you on the 600RR before you felt ready for track day?
If your thinking of doing a advanced riding school then time in the saddle doesn't matter. There were a few honda cruisers out there on the track with us. So time behind the bars doesn't matter. They coach/instruct you what to work on while you go around a course. Kind of like the MSF but on your own bike and more fun. You can go as fast or as slow as you want.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
I Agree!!

Cool. In my younger days I did that on dirt. May be the reason some of my parts do not work well today.

I`m in that same shape from the same thing...

But Yeah, I`d like to attend a "Track Days Event"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.