Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a very nice 06 Spirit a few weeks ago, my first street bike in probably 35 years. I decided on used until I get the feel of things again then maybe trading for something new. I'll not need anything larger, with what little time I've had it out I can see it's all the power and size I'll ever need... Don't plan on riding interstates just country roads plus I like a bike that's loud with a sportster look...
Not much left in my bucket list just one thing left way down in the bottom. I'd like after a couple years of practice riding travel the full length and back of the Sky Line Drive/ Blue Ridge Parkway. That's around 400+ miles one way at the top speed of 45 mph.
My question ? Is the Shadow Spirit a good choice to make this trip, there's a lot of turns and switchbacks or do I maybe want something else to ride by that time ?
I've traveled this route many times when growing up and even as I kid thought this would be so cool on a bike.
Thanks !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, my bike is a 750 and what little time I've had it out I love it. This 800 mile round trip would be done over about a weeks time in no rush, many curves and sites to see along the way.
After so many years off of a bike you should have seen me on my first ride trying to fine the now out front foot pegs.:lol: Much more comfortable than I ever imagined.

I stopped by a dealership before buying my bike and went through about 75 used bikes before choosing the Spirit, size and fit seemed perfect for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.