Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright boys and girls! It's close enough, we need to start setting up a date/ place and time to have an HSN Sturgis Meet up. If you are going and interested, please list your preferred dates, if you want to do a ride together or not, and where you are staying. Dave (SuperboyX) and I will narrow down and solution.

I'll start. We are arriving Aug 1st and leaving Aug 6th. I'd prefer to have a meet up, ride, then lunch or a breakfast, ride, then hang out. I like the dates of the 3rd or 4th, but I'm open to options.

The wife and I are camping at Lamphere Ranch Campground....across from the Full Throttle Saloon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
With the new house, I am not going to get to Sturgis this year (closing on 7/23). I'm still willing to ride from St. Paul to E.SD if that's part of your route. I can't promise much more right now than a chunk of lawn, some grill works & some cold beers, but if you guys are coming through St. Paul you're welcome to it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I and my family will be there the 1st to the 7th. We are staying at Sylvan Lake Lodge
In Custer State Park. A meal would be great any time or date.

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
I`m wanting to go, SO BAD!!

Saving pennies for the journey...

Lets DO STURGIS!!
Who is headed up from the south corner of Heaven on earth??
(FL,GA AL)

edit::>
No plans other than tenative at present ;)

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I`m wanting to go, SO BAD!!

Saving pennies for the journey...

Lets DO STURGIS!!
Who is headed up from the south corner of Heaven on earth??
(FL,GA AL)

edit::>
No plans other than tenative at present ;)

Leaving Tuscaloosa July 30th.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
7,220 Posts
That should work for us. Poll is not going well for a preferred date for people who may attend. We should think about a meeting place and then a hangout. I will have been In Sturgis for a week by then so I'm good with a Meet up and Hangout but may not want to ride with the large slow crowds by then. Any suggestions for a meet up place? It could be in town somewhere or at the house. Once I get into the US i will purchase a phone and post my number if anyone wants to call closer to the date. I am located in between Sturgis and Deadwood off of ALT 14. Here's a pic of the house I have and is an option if people want to hangout later away from the crowd. It will accommodate us all for a party or we could go out somewhere in town as well. I'm up for any options.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about a morning meet up at Dave's house, a quick ride (Spearfish Canyon and or Rushmore), then lunch somewhere?

Or, just plan on meeting up a Full Throttle that afternoon/ evening....or somewhere downtown.

We need to make a plan before hand, in case cell service is non-existent.

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Anyone need a "watchdog" for the Bikes?
Meaning, I`ll throw a tarp over me, stay with the Bikes at hotels, your cabin and Watch over the Bikes during the night...
I can`t afford another $1200 Sturgis trip but I can earn my keep...
I told the fellas Sunday that I don`t wanna ask for a handout here onsite but I do wanna go to 75th Sturgis ;)

·
Premium Member
7,220 Posts
Anyone need a "watchdog" for the Bikes?
Meaning, I`ll throw a tarp over me, stay with the Bikes at hotels, your cabin and Watch over the Bikes during the night...
I can`t afford another $1200 Sturgis trip but I can earn my keep...
I told the fellas Sunday that I don`t wanna ask for a handout here onsite but I do wanna go to 75th Sturgis ;)
We could use a chef and a cleaning person and a butler. Come now Jeeves.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,220 Posts
How about a morning meet up at Dave's house, a quick ride (Spearfish Canyon and or Rushmore), then lunch somewhere?

Or, just plan on meeting up a Full Throttle that afternoon/ evening....or somewhere downtown.

We need to make a plan before hand, in case cell service is non-existent.

I'm good if everyone meets at my place in the morning. I like the sounds of Sprearfish Canyon or Mount Rushmore Lunch Run. Depending on the traffic times we can ride up to lunch where ever that my be and go on to where ever from there. Traffic will build the later we start and where we go so what time shall we meet before the ride?

·
Registered
17,048 Posts
Cook, clean, butler, watch young`uns or any other duty, but I don`t do windows...:D
I`ll answer to anything too...

John Hopkins memory Rides

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm good if everyone meets at my place in the morning. I like the sounds of Sprearfish Canyon or Mount Rushmore Lunch Run. Depending on the traffic times we can ride up to lunch where ever that my be and go on to where ever from there. Traffic will build the later we start and where we go so what time shall we meet before the ride?

Another thought would be meeting somewhere for breakfast, then riding to Devils Tower.

....just thinking out loud. I was thinking meet early, like 8am to 9 am.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I can do 8am say Deadwood? That's about 30 to 45 min. from my lodging

1 - 20 of 46 Posts