Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D The vagaries of life. I have been riding for 30+ years, mostly alone. I have never had a relationship with a woman that really enjoyed riding. Until this year. She came into my life last year, around this time. Opposites. She is a classical pianinst, independent, educated, pretty. And 17 years my junior. I am a biker, work in a warehouse, worldly where she is a bit naïve. I barely rode last year due to arthritis, which I got under control this winter with better medicine and going to a gym 4 times a week. In February she asked me if I was going to ride this year, and I told her that was my hope. Turns out, she wanted to ride. She had never rode a bike before. And she took to it like a fish in water. I have found a great joy with her on the back. She loves riding. We plan day trips every weekend, pack the bike and off we go. This has turned my life in a direction that I would not have believed a year ago. Interesting how things work out…

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great for you

Count your blessings this is all anyone could ask for... Hope all continues well for you...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Seems about the time we stop trying so hard to find a little happiness, it finds us.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the comments. She is special. The real funny part about this relationship is that she has not introduced me to her family. They have no idea that I even exist. She thinks her family will come down on her because of the age difference...I find it amusing, myself. My family and friends adore her.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Dude, that was actually a "feel good" moment. Here's hoping things continue working out for you. I re-discovered the gym a couple of years ago and it's amazing to me how much damage from my earlier life no longer bothers me. It has did more than any batch of pain pills could do!!!
Show your girl how much you care for her and offer to have custome gel inserted seat made for her. A good upholsterer can use memory foam and gel pads and still make it look completely stock!!!
Hope you two continue to make each other happy!!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Awesome! Your post made me smile... way to go, and congrats :)

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, you've still got IT. Do I see an MSF course in her future? And maybe a VLX or Aero?
I doubt it. She loves being 'babied" and treated like a woman. I open the car door for her. I always drive her car when we go anywhere in it. I cook for her(which is fun for me) I think she truly enjoys the traditional role of a woman, even though she is fiercly independent. I kinda broached the subject with her a few weeks ago, and she had no desire to ride by herself. She enjoys the back seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts