Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its 24 degrees outside...it might warmup in a couple of weeks...but I'd like to ride today.

So, I bought a set of Aerostich grip heater overwraps. They work pretty well, but on-top of a set of Kuryakyn Iso grips, its seriously bulky. Then I tried a set of Dualstar under-grip heaters. Looks fairly elegant, but the throttle is especially unhappy (doesn't want to move)

I really like to Iso grips....whats next?

Has anyone installed either the Kimper or Dualstar undergrip heaters on a shadow with iso grips???? How did you find the install and are you happy with the results?

Please let me know...Indoor motorcycle shows are fun, but how many times can you look at the same gear and not want to actually make use of it while ridin?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I installed the under-grip heaters on both of my bikes. I found them at Mills Fleet store (in the snowmobile section) The hardest part was getting the grips off. I just used a couple layers of electrical tape on the left handlebar (to prevent the heat loss into the bare bars)
I absolutley love them on the Shadow, so I put a pair on my Yamaha also. One of the best mods I have. No more frozen paws! >PD<

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had grips on my Shadow, and now have them on my Kawasaki. Life is grand. Installation was easy on my Kawa, but on the Shadow it was different, as I had no clue about electronic things back then at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts