Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and read about this problem. Has anybody thought about or tried taking a Dremel with a small sanding drum to open up the hole on the cooling fin side?
Thanks, BJ

·
Registered
815 Posts
Why would you??? All you need is a 18mm thin wall socket or the spark plug socket made by the manufacturer for the job.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you??? All you need is a 18mm thin wall socket or the spark plug socket made by the manufacturer for the job.
It would be really nice if the one from the bike tool kit would fit!

What SP socket made by the manufacturer are you refering to?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It would be really nice if the one from the bike tool kit would fit!

What SP socket made by the manufacturer are you refering to?
He is talking about the one from the tool kit. That one works perfectly!

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Sears Craftsmen 18mm thinwall sixpoint deepweel socket works perfect without removing cooling fins. No reason to use a dremel or anything else to widen the hole.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had to remove the cylinder cover to get to my right front plug, tried the factory tool kit and a kobolt 18mm thin wall socket, neither worked. It's not a spirit but just FYI

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I apperciate all the help. I'm just courious how many responding ride or have worked on a 07,1100, Spirit? I also have a 03 1100 Shadow Sabre and the SPARK PLUG wrench from the tool kit works great on all four plugs.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The wrench from my tool kit didn't fit my front right or rear left plugs. I used an 18mm thin walled socket and all was right in the world.

With that said, I'd much rather mod a tool than an engine. Just saying, duder.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Yeah, boring out the spark plug hole sounds like a VERY BAD idea, for so many reasons. And that's why nobody has tried it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts