Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding some sounds to my bike. I'll have time this winter and it seems like a fun project. I'm hoping to keep it basic. Speakers on the bars and maybe two in the bags. Not looking to shake the ground or anything. How much can the stock charging system handle? A basic Bluetooth unit with a small 200w 4ch amp I'm thinking.

·
Registered
1983 VT500C, 1985 parts VT700C
602 Posts
easier and less of a headache to go bluetooth...

also, it prevents folks from looking at you like a monkey with three heads
if you play some Justin Beiber...

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,808 Posts
I agree. A Cardo headset is less expensive and better quality sound than trying to hear small speakers mounted in the open.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I don't need anything drastic. Maybe some modified saddle bags and a small amp
I agree. A Cardo headset is less expensive and better quality sound than trying to hear small speakers mounted in the open.
I have an LG headset with Harman Kardon audio. I can hear those perfectly while riding. I only use one earned so I'm not oblivious to my surroundings

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
179 Posts
I would think that the stock charging system could easily handle an audio amplifier. Audio amps pull way less than say running lights. Of course, if you're all LED with your lights, then you've got plenty of head room for an additional power draw.
I'd think that where you safely tap into the electrical system would be the big question. My '98 Valkyrie has a designated auxiliary plug built into the system, whereas the '03 VT1100C Shadow does not. Personally, I'd want to power through the ignition system which would turn off the amp when the key is turned off, thus avoiding running the battery down while the bike is parked.

Good luck! (Progress reports will be expected!)

🔧

1 - 5 of 5 Posts