Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seriously considering a batwing for some time. After looking at a bike for another member here, I have decided that I definitely want to get that "Street Glide" look. That bike was a VTX with a Harley Batwing. His had a lot of added on items that made it pretty nice, but he still had less than a grand into it. He was also able to add those items as money become available. So what I'm wondering is, Has anybody here had much experience with the genuine Harley batwings? On an ACE 1100? Are there any others that might work better or worse. I don't want the really raked, sleek looking ones. I think they are nice, but that's not the look I'm going for.
I know there are other threads on this in the past, but I'm wanting to hear from currently active members, about their experience, pros cons, recommendations. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts
Got mine here, RECKLESS MOTORCYCLES

In my opinion, it's the best thing I've done to my bike so far. Don't know about getting a genuine HD one for under a grand. Unless you can find a used one somewhere I think Harley charges out the a$$ just for the parts. Not sure either if you were looking for one with the integrated stereo or not, I got mine without and added my own stereo and speakers for a lot less than what they wanted. If I had to do it again I would go with a different stereo though. After I had mine all built and installed, I found this one...

Sony DSX-MS60 Marine digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.