Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of replacing my existing helmet. After all, now I have a Blue bike I can't use my old Black helmet can I? (well this theory worked on the wife :D ).

After coming of my first Shadow at 80kmph and hitting the tarmac, I will not be wearing an open face again. So a full face it is.

I like the look of the N84 Nolan helmet, with it's half tinted visor in conjunction with a clear one, that you can have up or down while riding. It is also set up N-Com, which you can use for Phones, MP3 or intercom.

Here is the Helmet in question:
http://www.nolanhelmets.com/n84ncom.htm

Anybody have such a helmet? What is your opinion on them?

Thanks.
Ron

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Ron,
I purchased the exact same helmet last year and was very disappointed in the quality of the liner. Very thin and uncomfortable. Make sure you try one before you buy it. Also the front of the helmet sat very close to my face and would make it impossible to use any com device. BUT I have a HUGE noggin so my experience may be unique.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Ron,

I like the visor that drops down, wouldn't want to pay for the communications (just don't appreciated being 'communicated at' while riding - unless I am in a strange land down under). :wink:

I like helmets that have a SNELL rating.

Very happy with my Scorpion EXO-700. If it had a drop down visor it would be perfect.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I have a Nolan with the tinted visor. You would be suprised at how little you actually use it. In good weather I often ride with the face shield up which makes the sun visor useless. I like the Nolan It has good fit, good ventolation, good visability, no communication equipment.

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xoolo. Christopher was asking if anyone had one of those.

Check out his post, he would love your feedback.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sorry, guess I was skimming through and didnt see that..

I have not used that helmet and cant say either way.
but if you are looking at options for helmets I would recomend the one I linked to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.