Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had issues with my turn signal and decided to try my novice hand at some repairs. The signal lights weren't blinking and the Turn indicator on the "dash" wouldn't blink either. I hunted through the service manual for my '01 Shadow 600 and followed the instructions on opening up the left handlebar control housing. The contacts were pretty gummy and I used some carb cleaner (which I later read may not have been the best choice) and some q-tips to clean the switch out. I put everything back together and the signal lights work fine! The only problem is the Turn indicator on the dash won't light up. Is the bulb simply out? I couldn't find in the service manual how to access the indicator box. Any idea on a fix?

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Wish I could help, by my old vlx never gave me bit of trouble. Nice choice of rides BTW. When you're able, post up a pic or two of your bike. People here like bike pics!;)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
You should be official soon. When you can, post this question in the Technical section. Good tech info there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bike pics coming soon!

UPDATE: rode her home this evening. At first, signals were acting screwy again. After playing with the switch for a bit, it figured itself out and starting working fine - including the indicator light! I think I'll just add some grease/lube to the switch and it'll be perfect

1 - 5 of 5 Posts