Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, in my third post I might as well introduce myself. I am a retired old codger living in Central New York so the riding season tends to be short. In this area, we got lucky when the hurricane passed by - it only grazed us. The rest of the state is under several feet of water. A lot of cars and motorcycles will be heading to the scrap yards.

About seven years ago, I had a 1985 Honda Shadow VT500. I had more fun on that bike than I could imagine. Then, a truck smashed into me. The bike was totalled and I felt like I was, too.

I picked up a Harley Sportster and couldn't understand why I was hating motorcycles more and more. It was just an uncomfortable bike that was top heavy and handled poorly. I was afraid to go over 40 mph and couldn't understand why. So, I swapped that out for a Jeep Wrangler.

Later, I swapped the Wrangler for a 1982 Honda Goldwing. As I was driving the bike home, I looked down and noticed that I was going over 70 mph and I wasn't afraid. Thus begain my love affair with the Honda motorcycles.

Then, I had the chance to buy another 1985 Honda Shadow. Now, I need to do a bit of restoring to the bike before I put it on the road. That's why I joined this forum - to seek some advice about choke cables.

So, if this third posting satisfies the requirements then I can go to the technical forum and post my question about my 1985 VT500.

See you there.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
all good sir,, welcome aboard, the system cycles every two hours, if you'd like to go ahead and post your tech question here in the mean while, I'll move it to the tech or appropriate section for you, leaving a forward. Just start the new thread with title and post your question.

You might find this site helpful to your restoration project, I've posted it before, never had the need myself, so if you do end up using it let me know how it went,, see linky http://www.hondarestoration.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.