Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
2,714 Posts
I watched a video on YouTube where a group was getting ready to take off in -14*F. That's crazy...
Not if you have the right 'gear' for it. You'd be surprised, I think.

Our CMA chapter does a 'New Years Day' ride every year; rain, shine, cold, or whatever. There've been a several years where it was sub-freezing temps, but we go anyway. I ride pretty much all year round, back and forth to work, no matter what the temp. I just have the right 'gear' to be able to handle it well. Electric gloves and handguards make ALL the difference in the world!! I haven't had to ride in THAT cold temp, and hope I never have to, but have been down to 13 degrees, and that was just last year. 17 degrees is the coldest I've dealt with this year, so far.

·
Read Only
107 Posts
Except the lows tonight and tomorrow night are 29 and 22 degrees... IN FLORIDA (albeit the panhandle). I still rode today, it was in the 40s and 20 mph wind. The wind was the only real issue.

Where can I get a good pair of chaps. What was the topic again?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,877 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Except the lows tonight and tomorrow night are 29 and 22 degrees... IN FLORIDA (albeit the panhandle). I still rode today, it was in the 40s and 20 mph wind. The wind was the only real issue.

Where can I get a good pair of chaps. What was the topic again?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
... you dont need chaps for temps down in the 40's!

I wear my wrangler jeans (thicker than most) and a set of thermal leggings and stay comfortably warm.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Back in the early '80's I rode 21 miles in 19* temps. Damn near killed myself as I couldn't even get off the bike I was so cold. I did manage to get the kickstand down and a co-worker helped me inside.

Still that's a far cry from -14*. I love riding motorcycles, and get out anytime I can but -14* is too much for this cowboy.

I have sat in a treestand for 2.5 hours at -2* though...:mrgreen: Funny how the adrenalin rush from seeing deer moving can keep one warm.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts