Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Aero 750
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why I thought of this today. Last year I was debating whether at 65 years old and after being away 40 years should I try to get back onto a bike. I stumbled on this video and thought OMG, what am I worried about!? I've got two good arms and legs (well, OK anyway). Get back on the bike and GO!

You may have already seen this video but it's worth a watch.

Woman with no arms learns to fly

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not sure why I thought of this today. Last year I was debating whether at 65 years old and after being away 40 years should I try to get back onto a bike. I stumbled on this video and thought OMG, what am I worried about!? I've got two good arms and legs (well, OK anyway). Get back on the bike and GO!

You may have already seen this video but it's worth a watch.

Woman with no arms learns to fly
I sold my 2000 XL1200 Sportster about 9 years back and missed it ever since. Last spring, as I had turned 72 years old that if I was ever going to ride, now was the time to do it. Got me a good deal on 2007 Aero with 13,700 miles on it. Never regretted it for one minute.

·
Registered
03 750 ACE / Michigan
205 Posts
... Last year I was debating whether at 65 years old and after being away 40 years should I try to get back onto a bike...
I look at it this way. You're 65. You can be 65 with a bike, or 65 without a bike. The choice is yours. After a gap in riding, I chose to be (in my case) 54 with a bike. And I have not a single regret.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Good on ya!! I don't know that age is that big of a deal but what kind of condition you're in. There's all kinds of folks out there riding the road on two wheels that shouldn't be there because they just can't handle it or ride worth a crap. Doesn't matter what age they are.
Before my last knee surgery I used to get up in the early, early hours and go hit the road for four plus miles each morning. There were plenty of mornings that my old aches and pains made me not want to be there but I would recall meeting Air Force Master Sgt. Israel Del Toro and I would remember the pain he endured to rehabilitate himself. Made my aches and pains seem pretty darn petty. Google the dude sometime. He's my inspiration!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts