Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'll share this with my fellow canucks:
Friend called me last night and said that Bourque's in Moncton (NB) has a big tire sale on. I'm fine with my current Metzeler ME 880's for now but will probably need new ones next year after my cross canada trip this summer.
Soooo - I called Bourque's this morning and they will sell me
2 Metzeler ME 880 Marathons (120/90-18 & 170/80-15) for $ 261.- out the door, all taxes included. I just about fell off my chair because last year I bought the same tires here locally for $ 450.- out the door.
Needless to say I ordered a pair and am going to keep them for next year.
I'll drive to Moncton to pick them up, even paying for gas back and forth (250 km one way) it's still one hell of a deal.
www.gbourque.com is their website if you're interested.
Even the dealers in the USA can't beat that deal once you figure in shipping/handling/customs and exchange.

·
Registered
392 Posts
what does a set of tires generally last.
i've got 5000 km on my 04 aero, what should i get out of the stock tires?
thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sasquatch said:
I just thought I'll share this with my fellow canucks:
Friend called me last night and said that Bourque's in Moncton (NB) has a big tire sale on. I'm fine with my current Metzeler ME 880's for now but will probably need new ones next year after my cross canada trip this summer.
Soooo - I called Bourque's this morning and they will sell me
2 Metzeler ME 880 Marathons (120/90-18 & 170/80-15) for $ 261.- out the door, all taxes included. I just about fell off my chair because last year I bought the same tires here locally for $ 450.- out the door.
Needless to say I ordered a pair and am going to keep them for next year.
I'll drive to Moncton to pick them up, even paying for gas back and forth (250 km one way) it's still one hell of a deal.
www.gbourque.com is their website if you're interested.
Even the dealers in the USA can't beat that deal once you figure in shipping/handling/customs and exchange.
That is one hell of a deal, So far this year I paid $240 for my rear metz and $220 for the front. To bad it's so far away :( and not next year.

I got 20,000 kms out of the rear tire (aggressive driving) but it could have been stretched way more if not for the aggressive driving. At the end of the 20,000 it was completely flat spotted, there was nothing left in the center for tread. This tires also handle much much better in the rain and cold.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tires

Mike, I just pm'ed Epic that I'll be willing to pick up tires for him if he wants to order some. Same goes for you - pm me if you're interested.
I can wait with my pickup it's not like I need them this year.
Deals like that don't happen often. I don't mind to take a little drive to Moncton with Mrs. Sasquatch now that I'm retired.
Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
The stock tires on my 04 Aero are nearing 15,000 kms and will soon need changing this summer. I try to support my local dealer but they can't beat these prices. Bourque is getting my business.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks Sasquatch, real nice offer much appreciated.
The bike I bought last year, '04 1500 Vulcan Classic, had new rubber when I bought it. Knowing my luck when it comes time to buy new tires the price of rubber will have doubled :).....Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts