Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I don't like them... but the more I look at them, the more they make sense.

A stable, cheap means of transportation.
Safer than a trike.
Gets rid of a lot of the common (meaning "for non-riders) worries about riding a bike.
Tons of potential for an aftermarket... bags, fairings, suspension kits, touring packages.

If they can pull off a decent marketing strategy, I think it could be very successful. Not quite a "VW Bug" for the modern age :wink: , but moderately successful at least?

Bombardier knows snowmobiles.. who better to put a snowmobile on the road?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Uses 87 octane
weighs 316 kg (697 lbs) dry
a 27 Litre (7.13 gallon) gas tank.
106 Hp
77 lb-ft of torque
$18,000 CDN ($15,000 US)

Maybe too pricey to be popular? Sounds like it'd be fun to ride though.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
It will sell (I'm assuming they're spendy)
I don't exactly like the sport bike seating position, but that seems to be the trend with new gadgets. The computer control seems to be a unique safety feature and helps the rider in sticky situations, which is a plus.
I don't exactly agree with the video when they claim the originality of the idea. That idea has been around for years and I believe BMW also has a prototype they're working on. It would be good for the first time rider who doesn't want to deal with the balance of a heavy machine or with a kickstand. It'll be interesting to see how far it goes now. >PD<

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
It's pretty much the same as the T-Rex, just without the insane power.
Not just insane power...I saw a T-Rex at an auto show and the info with it said it could generate cornering force of 1.9Gs. 1.9Gs! That's like the old Tilt-a-Whirl at the county fair. I lusted mightily for that T-Rex. In my opinion all these new concept machines are welcome steps to advance a design that has not changed in basic form for a hundred years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
PainterD said:
I don't exactly agree with the video when they claim the originality of the idea.
I remember back in the late 60s someone selling plans for a "Kit" version of this using a VW front end connected to a 400cc motorcycle! The plans called for a fiberglass "Body" around the front. The "flaw" was that it didn't have a reverse gear which made it difficult to turn around, especially if pointed downhill. They also had trouble getting enough traction during take-off, since the rear wheel runs in the center of the lane where there was the most oil build-up caused by leakage from other vehicles.

This idea has been around for a long time, but today's technology is far more advanced than back then. I'd like to see it in a comparison test against the "Stallion" that I've seen advertised on TV.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Bingo!

rat said:
I don't like them... but the more I look at them, the more they make sense.

A stable, cheap means of transportation.
Safer than a trike.
Gets rid of a lot of the common (meaning "for non-riders) worries about riding a bike.
Tons of potential for an aftermarket... bags, fairings, suspension kits, touring packages.

If they can pull off a decent marketing strategy, I think it could be very successful. Not quite a "VW Bug" for the modern age :wink: , but moderately successful at least?

Bombardier knows snowmobiles.. who better to put a snowmobile on the road?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.