Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I use it all the time. Works especially well in little nooks and crannies, just use a chopstick to reach hard to get at places.
I've heard there are 2 types, and the original in the blue can is best. That's the only one I've used.

Basic use is just pull out a little piece and rub it on. Then let it dry like wax, and polish out like wax.

BTW, I used Turtle wax chrome polish on large areas and on parts that are damaged. My mirror stems are rusty and the Turtle wax seems to do a better job there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
never dull

I'll second the vote on never dull.
I had the Blue can but ran out of it . now have the silver can by eagle one.

The Blue can works better......At lease to me it does...
I'm still looking for the Blue can, so if anyone sees it at a local car store let me know

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
We used to use the Blue can all the time in the Navy to polish all the bright work on the bridge...just in time for all the officers to come up and put their grubby finger prints all over it :evil: :lol:

We Quartermasters got even...they'd lose Wardroom coffee cups over the side ALL the time...leave it lying on MY bridge, and it would get 'float tested'. invariably they failed :lol:

I might get some and try it on my spokes...they are in desperate need of a polishing...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Unless they have changed the formulation, don't use it on aluminum (aluminium for Collector). It will turn it black, permanently.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've used it for decades: first as a youngster on swords and knives, and then on the bikes. I'm still usin' the blue can (I didn't know they had switched to a silver can). It's good stuff.

I use it on raw aluminum all the time. I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
I've been using NevrDull for a long time, on all kinds of chromed parts. It does a great job reducing / removing surface rust. If the chrome is rusted through, it can't fix it, though.

Labswine said:
I might get some and try it on my spokes...they are in desperate need of a polishing...
I took some old shoestrings and soaked them at the bottom of a can, under all the batting. They worked great for polishing the spokes, getting the places fingers can't reach.

CB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts