Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 Sabre 1100c throttle was not returning to idle. I adjusted for 2 days and couldnt get it better. I could make it worse but not better. I am going to replace the cables. Maybe the current ones are worn or the wrong fit for this bike. It does have Z bars.

The numbers on the old cables do not make sense to me. Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,699 Posts
I can't give you model specific advice.
The key I find with cables is to avoid tight bends or changes of direction.
This may seem overly simple and obvious, but it is worth thinking about : The inside wire naturally wants to pull straight with minimal pressure against the outside casing, it is always a battle between the shortest route between two points and the outer casing guiding where you want it to go.

Those look like stock cables.
Check out the part numbers the bottom one looks like a match: https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2002/vt1100c2-a-shadow-sabre/handle-switch

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not only Z bars, has taller risers also.

Might simply need to route them up the right side of the neck if they're not already. That took care of it on my 1100. see the avatar pic. Using stock VT1100T cables with those bars. Or possibly get different cables. IIRC the Sabre has less pullback and shorter risers, so the 1100 Ace Tourer or possibly regular Ace cables may be longer. Barnett and MotionPro also sell longer cables.

We need a stock cable length chart in the stickies maybe.

And you may need to unhook the lower ends to get them on the throttle. I just pull the 2 screws on the lower retaining bracket rather than un-doing the lower adjusters.

Reactions: CSRoad

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
A start for the stickynote

A 17910-MBA-000 pull cable for the 98-03 VT750C or CD is 45-1/2" barrel to barrel. Housing right at 40-1/2" end-to end

Reactions: CSRoad
1 - 4 of 4 Posts