Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently noticed something on my newly purchased 07 Sabre. I am unsure if this is something new or just being noticed for first time.

My throttle snaps back fine when I have wheel turned fully to left. As I move the wheel from left to center and almost to the far right, it still snaps back fine at same rate.
however, perhaps at the last few inches before hitting full turn to the right, the throttle does not snap back or snaps back slowly.

What I noticed though is that the slack in the cables is minimal and almost a little taut or slightly tight.

First, I am not sure if these are original cables, but I am going to assume they are as the bike seems pretty clean.

Are your Sabre throttle cables routed this taut?
Is there any slack I can pull from the internals?

For those of you with Sabres, are your cables routed this way and a little taut at full turn to right?
NOTICE on the 3rd picture a slight rub mark is there on cable sleeve.

I also always park my bike and lock to the right, unsure why, its just a habit and I feel like the bike leans better into kick stand. But I am a noob and my habit may not be necessary or wrong.

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire Crankset

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Are your Sabre throttle cables routed this taut?
Is there any slack I can pull from the internals?

For those of you with Sabres, are your cables routed this way and a little taut at full turn to right?
Hey Kezug,

Your throttle cables are routed correctly. The factory cables that Sabres are born with have minimal slack in them when the handlebars are turned full right.

One thing you can do is turn your handlebars full right and then loosen the riser clamps and pull up on the handgrips some to re-position the bar end. That will give you just a little bit more slack in the cables. Then adjust the brake master cylinder and clutch perches to your liking. Then you will need to adjust the mirrors.

One other thing you can do is bias the mount portion of the handlebars to the left in the risers (less than 1/4", you will never notice that much while riding.

The rub you mention is happening when you turn full left and the cable rubs the headlight mount.

I do see in the provided pic that your brake master cylinder/reservoir is positioned further away from the switch housing than it was when the bike was born.

John

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kezug,

Your throttle cables are routed correctly. The factory cables that Sabres are born with have minimal slack in them when the handlebars are turned full right.

One thing you can do is turn your handlebars full right and then loosen the riser clamps and pull up on the handgrips some to re-position the bar end. That will give you just a little bit more slack in the cables. Then adjust the brake master cylinder and clutch perches to your liking. Then you will need to adjust the mirrors.

One other thing you can do is bias the mount portion of the handlebars to the left in the risers (less than 1/4", you will never notice that much while riding.

The rub you mention is happening when you turn full left and the cable rubs the headlight mount.

I do see in the provided pic that your brake master cylinder/reservoir is positioned further away from the switch housing than it was when the bike was born.

John
Wondering why Honda put so little slack. Doesnt seem right. I am thinking of loosening the riser clamps and pulling up on the grips slightly. I was thinking of that already as I felt I was reaching downward for the grips anyways. Perhaps that slight adjustment is all I need.

Still surprised its like this from factory though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts