Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding a throttle lock / cruise control. I had one on my other bike called, 'Cam Lock', made by a company called, 'Motorcycle Accessory Design'. When I sold the bike I didn't think to remove the assembly and put it on my current bike, (I thought I could just buy a new one). Needless to say they aren't in business anymore. Has anyone come across a throttle lock / cruise control that works good on the Shadow line of bikes?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I use a really, really cheap knock-off of the Throttle Rocker.
I tossed it in with a bunch of stuff in an order coming from China years ago.

Most of the time it is clipped to a handle bar riser, but it is useful on long freeway rides and gets snapped into place for those.
The beauty of it is that it can be overridden almost without thinking and did I mention cheap. (-;

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with Ramie. I have a Sound-Off Recreational throttle lock also and it works great! Use his link to Amazon, that’s where I got mine.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
https://brakeawayproducts.com/ Pricy but one of the best throttle locks available.

Plus 1! I like to have one but I can't seem to get away from life long enough to ride enough to justify buying one yet. Retirement is on horizon but... Already tried a Kuryakyn version throttle lock, sucked. Presently I use a Throttle Boss with my Kury ISO grips.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've had a brakeaway for several years, works great, looks great.
Yes, one was included on my Shadow purchased last year but I didn't know how to work it nor did I know the manufacturer until this thread came about! Wow this cruise control frees up my wrist to attend to other tasks without cramping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts