Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally, a nice sunny day. decided to take cover off bike and check things. when went to check throttle, she wouldn't snap back for me. just seemed to stick there. thinking it has been a cold winter and will wait till it warms up more......but i dont like the looks of it..........did the ritual winter storage like always...full tank with stabilizer.........any suggestions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
throttle

yeah, thats the first thing i checked, seemed to be ok there, just hoping it's not internal. i dont think after only 5 months of storage that it would be gummed up....but ya never know....just hoping it isn't

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. I took off the grip assembly and wow a lot of muck and residue. Blew everything out with the compressor then lubed each cable. I then cleaned out the throttle sleeve, polished the handlebar, and coated both with white lithium. Put everything together and it works smooth as silk. Whole project took about an hour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
throttle

that was going to be my next step...as soon as it is warm enough to work in garage for an extended period of time................thanks........what did you use to lube the cable?..........saw a thread from way back and everyone uses something different......

·
Registered
50 Posts
WD-40 to clean everything out and get the cable moving better, then I followed up with 3-in-1 Lube. I realize it's not the best, but it's what I have. IMHO, WD-40 is great if you don't rely on it for lubrication. I figured it was good to get the gunk broke up and moving and allowed the good lube to get where it wouldn't have be able to penetrate. If I start to have problems again, it’ll give me the excuse to get longer cables for a new set of risers and bar!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i will give it a shot as soon as the temps hit at least 40...upstate new york ya know!!!.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.