Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is time to move from riding in my sneakers or dress shoes (to work and back) to an actual pair of boots.
I have never worn any actual 'boots' before. Any reccomendations on boots for a lifelong sneakers wearer?
Laceup? Zipup? Slip on? Brands?
Right now I am looking at the Red Wing line of motorcycle boots. My father in law swears by Red Wing workboots, so I would assume the quality carries over. They also look pretty cool.
The heel seemed to slip when I wore them, but the sales lady said that was normal. Other than that they seemed comfy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a pair of Vega Nitro boots on the advice of a riding buddy
Best advice I have ever taken !
They are comfy to walk almost all day in, the bend nicely at the ankle, and they look decent enuff that nobody at work notices I'm wearing them unless I point them out.
They can be a bit toasty in sooper warm weather, but other than that, they are as close to perfect riding boot as I have ever had.
Cant beat the price either !

·
Registered
730 Posts
yldcats said:
I bought a pair of Vega Nitro boots on the advice of a riding buddy

Hey All™,
I'm thinking hard about getting a pair of the Vega Metro Boots. I mostly ride to work and back, and wear a pair of steel toed sneakers, and have no interest in wearing anything that even looks like a "boot."

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Part of the reason for me looking at boots is I had a piece of gravel hit me in the ankle above the shoes and below the pants.
It did not bleed that much, but it really hurt. Got me looking at boots.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have a pair of ankle high Red Wings with a zipper up the side. They're very comfortable and I like the zipper since I don't have to lace up the boots every time I want to wear them. Just slip them on and pull the zipper up and you're good to go. A bit pricey but good, sturdy, comfortable boots.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i wear my dress shoes if riding to work - full suit and all so i'm sure it looks a bit odd. but when i'm "on my own time" i wear my Milwaukee Accelerator style moto boots. lots of support and protection and easier to put on than my sneakers, which i used to wear pre-boot. just picked up a pair for my wife, too...one too many "pipe-touches" with her sandals...

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Barney-Bike said:
I think it is time to move from riding in my sneakers or dress shoes (to work and back) to an actual pair of boots.
I have never worn any actual 'boots' before. Any reccomendations on boots for a lifelong sneakers wearer?
Laceup? Zipup? Slip on? Brands?
Right now I am looking at the Red Wing line of motorcycle boots. My father in law swears by Red Wing workboots, so I would assume the quality carries over. They also look pretty cool.
The heel seemed to slip when I wore them, but the sales lady said that was normal. Other than that they seemed comfy.
I don't ride in nothing but boots and there are reasons for that, check out here for some nice comfortable boots http://www.copquest.com/46-1210.htm

·
Registered
100 Posts

what i wear....ive worn them for the last 4 years, in all weather types (cept snow)...the are so well broke in they feel like socks....of course they were free....(cept for the 5 year enlistment and various mandatory vacations... :shock: )[/img]

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
greg sanders said:
i have red wing mc boots and i love them. they say they are waterproof but i have not tested that yet.they are a little pricey compared to some other boots but i think they're worth it.
I have the 9" redwing laceup MC boots (the 990's I believe) and like all RW boots they comfy and indestructable. Falling over at a red light and taking a gouge out of my chin from the shift peg was all the convincing I needed to upgrade from my trendy urban hikers to real boots (if I had them on, the peg would of scraped leather instead of skin...)

any good pair will work, just don't leave home with out them...

·
Registered
512 Posts
as I said before, I love my redwings and wear them all the time.

But, I haven't worn sneakers regularly in about 10 years... I still have two or three pairs of sneakers from about 11 or 12 years ago that look brand new...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.