Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking should I run the wires to the fan switch to a toggle and wire one wire on one pole and the other to the other pole or should I just wire it to the headlight si its on when the key is on. Let me know what you think. I am thinking of the toggle way but im not sure. have any of you had to do this? I do not want to cut out the auto switch completely but i cannot afford the $75 for the switch right now and I am doing alot of stop and go riding latly.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took my failed fan switch to the local Checker auto parts and they found one that fit. It was a 2 wire switch but I just had to ground one pole. Don't remember what kind of car is was for but only cost around $25.
I found one at autozone 2 pole its got a M16x 1.5 thread and fits a 85 honda civic so I assume they used this alot in 85. anyone ever use this one or know if it will fit.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I talked to the people that i got my replacement fan switch from on ebay. it was the wrong one so im going to return it and they are going to send me the right one. it is suppose to turn your fan on 20 degreesae sooner to keep the bike cooler. So it will be sent off tomarrow. I will not be hacking into my wiring harness afterall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.