227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is open?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
and well Dang. I remember it was a nice ride just not sure when I passed through. Went around the grand canyon last weekend and there was snow but the road was open, Was thinking maybe with luck could hit Tioga pass today. Great link!
Thanks again
Glen

·
Registered
457 Posts
Be SURE to let me know when you go by my home!

·
Registered
286 Posts
As of 26 Apr:

Drove to job site in Mammoth Lakes (and back) today. (50/89,88,89/395)

Breathtaking drive; warm/hot from mid AM on into the eve.
Snow still on the peaks, but the roads were dry as a bone.

Current open:

89; 108 (apparently just opened today, according to local folks!); I THINK 88's open into Nevada, but didn't go that way.
Not sure about 4. 'Open/closed' sign at the 4/89 junction said 'open', but another road sign said 'road closed in 2 miles'. Didn't have time to check it out.

Tioga (120) is still locked down.

The 89 is in great shape, road-wise; very smooth almost all the way.
I missed a turn coming home and got as far down 88 as Caples Lake. The 88 [from Carson pass west down the 88] didn't feel in very good road shape. Lots of bumps and holes.
Caples Lake is still FROZEN! :shock: Beautiful to see, though!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
All the passes -- Tioga, Ebbetts, Sonora, Monitor -- are open now. I expect Mormon Emigrant Trail to open any day. Amazingly, even 89 through Lassen Park has been opened -- goes to show how scarce snow has been this winter.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yes, i hit snow 19.5 miles up Mormon Emigrant Trail on saturday the 19th so i went over on Silver Fork rd. to forest rd. 71 to Hwy 50 and had lunch at Twin Bridges. Then over to Loon Lake then to Georgetown on Wentworth Springs rd., and i had to stop in Placerville on the way home for some food at ShoeStrings(good food). what a great day for a ride, did not get to SUNBURNT in 220 miles of FUN RIDING.

ROD

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Mormon Emigrant Trail is now open. This year it looks like they actually plowed some of the upper sections, judging from the clean edges of the snowbanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.