Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,530 Posts
I would follow the marking on the sidewall. The good ole engineers at Dunlop designed the tires for a reason. For the most part...the channels are supposed to pump the water from under the tire. If you have the tire on backwards, then you will be pumping water under the tire...which would increase the possibility of hydroplaning.

Also, it is possible that the tires are designed to wear in a certain direction. So flipping that tire the other way may increase the wear on the tires.

You are sure you put the wheel back on the bike correctly...right? Because you changed to a spoked wheel, did the rotor stay on the correct side?

(If everything else is right...) I would take the tire back and have them mount it properly...on their ticket...since they installed it incorrectly to begin with.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Jon, did you relocate the caliper to the left side or just rotate the wheel so the rotor is on the right side?

That could be the difference. For the HD application, it sounds like the the tire was installed correctly. But, when you flip the tire around to match your caliper, then it would be backwards.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
The it sounds like the shop screwed up.

That is starting to sound like one decent ride. I would like to see pictures.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
Looking good Jon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.