Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE. It's pretty close to the end of the riding season here in MN. I want to start pulling the parts together to work on my bike over the winter. Research on replacement tire brands has proved overwhelming. I'm interested in feedback from real riders; experiences with the best brands, and even where to find the best prices.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
The Metzeler ME880 is a great tire, the perfect balance of traction and longevity in my opinion.. They provide a harder ride when compared to a Dunlop 404, but they corner on a rail, stick to the road like glue, practically ignore tar snakes and braking is greatly improved..

The Pirellis are a drug of choice for many, Avons and Michelins too. I haven't any experience with these, but I'm sure somebody will chime in.. Unless they are mostly tired (hehe) of this subject already. :)

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Oh, and.. Ummm.. Welcome to the Forum!

...For a first post you sure do pick-em :lol: ..but that's okay.. Welcome!

· Registered
1,696 Posts
The Metzeler ME880 is a great tire...
I haven't tried that many different tires, but found this one performed just as said. Cheap tires presented various problems for me such as odd tread wear, fast tread wear, and poor overall performance. They were cheap so I did not mind all that much, back when spooning my own tires was actually "fun," to brag about anyway...

· Registered
2,646 Posts
I've always been a Metzeler fan but the Michelin Commander II is getting some great press. Just put one on my son's Ninja...... very impressive so far.

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,910 Posts
Same bike as yours,
Tried and returned to Pirelli, "My drug of choice" for tires :D
Bridgestone 10K miles - twice
Metzler 14K
Michelin 12K
Pirelli 14K - twice
Are some I`ve tried, all of these are good wet or dry roads - on handling, grip and mileage...
Welcome,
D

One of our sponsors > Motorcyclesuperstore for my Purchases...

· Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,910 Posts

· Registered
3,192 Posts
The Metzeler ME880 is a great tire, the perfect balance of traction and longevity in my opinion.. They provide a harder ride when compared to a Dunlop 404, but they corner on a rail, stick to the road like glue, practically ignore tar snakes and braking is greatly improved..

The Pirellis are a drug of choice for many, Avons and Michelins too. I haven't any experience with these, but I'm sure somebody will chime in.. Unless they are mostly tired (hehe) of this subject already. :)
^^^^ this. I changed out my OEM Dunlops and couldn't believe the difference. I now have 7,000 on 'em and they still look new.

· Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I have a 2003 Honda Shadow 750 ACE. It's pretty close to the end of the riding season here in MN. I want to start pulling the parts together to work on my bike over the winter. Research on replacement tire brands has proved overwhelming. I'm interested in feedback from real riders; experiences with the best brands, and even where to find the best prices.
I went with the Pirelli MT66 for my 1100 Shadow. Good reviews both on the internet and here on the forum along with the Metzeler, Michelin and Avons. The Pirelli MT66' were a little bit less expensive. American Tire has the best tire prices from my research https://www.americanmototire.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.