Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,shopping online 2 replace dryrotted 170 80 15 on my 92 vt1100 and came across a dunlop elite that's a mv85 15 its bias ply,as far as I can tell it'll be 2cm more narrow but about the same height,here's the kicker, its on sale for 23$ each,new,free shipping.what gives?will this tire work for my vt?why so cheap?

· Registered
4,011 Posts
That same tire is on BikeBandit.com for ~$180. My guess is "$23" is a misprint and you're not going to be honored.

If this is a legit site, post the link & someone on the forum may have some insight into the seller. It is doubtful another member will "snipe" your tires from you.

If this is a local sale, check the date code on the tire. Is this a new tire or an NOS or used tire?

Personally, I wouldn't trust any motorcycle tire (excluding darkside options) for less than $150ea. unless I knew exactly what I was buying.

· Registered
10,265 Posts
Dunlop Elite 3's are among the best tires made. I hate Dungflop in general, but the E3's are great tires. IF the source is legit and the tire is new, try it. But, a used MC tire even from a family member would scare me!
If the tire is on a website and it is $23 they may have to sell it to you.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Hey there,shopping online 2 replace dryrotted 170 80 15 on my 92 vt1100 and came across a dunlop elite that's a mv85 15 its bias ply,as far as I can tell it'll be 2cm more narrow but about the same height,here's the kicker, its on sale for 23$ each,new,free shipping.what gives?will this tire work for my vt?why so cheap?
:neutral: ..Shouldn't be that cheap. Have you contacted the seller yet and asked what-gives? As the other guys have said, sounds WAY too good to be true.

· Banned
289 Posts
I just bought a Kenda rear tire in that same exact size for $87.45.

It is about the cheapest price you will find for that size.

I have had super great luck with Kenda tires over many years. Never had any problems, and were very happy with them.

Kenda Cruiser s T K671 Motorcycle Tire 170 80 15 Rear | eBay

My philosophy is: TIRES ARE LIKE WINE AND WOMEN; THE CHEAPER THE BETTER!

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too many bills last week,have 2 wait til tmrw and then will order a couple,the conversion chart puts the mv85 tire as a 150 90 15 which from what I can see comes stock on some of the 750 cruisers and is oe on a honda gl1200, I think it'll be ok,any advice on running a 150 90 instead of a 170 80?

· Banned
289 Posts
Too many bills last week,have 2 wait til tmrw and then will order a couple,the conversion chart puts the mv85 tire as a 150 90 15 which from what I can see comes stock on some of the 750 cruisers and is oe on a honda gl1200, I think it'll be ok,any advice on running a 150 90 instead of a 170 80?
Yeah, I thought it was pretty amazing that both brake pads & rear tires were identical on my son's Kawasaki Vulcan 750 and my (much heavier) Kawasaki Voyager XII touring bike! :neutral:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.