Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just lookin for a little greater understanding.

Ive searched threads and googled and found almost the answer im wanting.

Ive got Dunlops--and ive always just changed tires by measuring tread depth with a penny or indicator----recently I learned about the tread wear indicator bars that run cross ways in the tread and are located by the triangle on the sidewall...???

Just a few things are confusing me---does the wear indicator appear in the tread when the tire gets worn down enough or is the wear indicator visible on a brand new tire and you replace when it gets worn away or worn even

Reason im asking is that my tires are getting close to when i usually replace them and im looking for this wear bar in the treads that are in line with the triangle and i dont see anything

Does anyone have a good pic of a wear indicator showing a worn tire or can explain this to me better so i will know what im looking for

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks--- i guess my wear bars are gone, but it still looks like more than 1/16 of tread to me (no bald spots anywhere either)---im pretty sure that i will be getting those metzlers when i change

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.