Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a '96 ACE 1100 and was wondering if the tires were tubeless or tube type tires? It has spoked wheels and I wasn't aware that you could have spokes with tubless tires. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks vt700c

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
If you have spoked wheels (like the 1100ACE does) then you need tubed tires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Labswine. That is what I thought. I bought it from a used car dealership and they said that they thought that all tires went tubeless in the '90s. Good to know.
vt700c

·
Registered
284 Posts
Spoke wheels can be sealed so you can run tubeless tires have thought about doing mine tubeless is much safer.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Fixed that. It doesn't matter whether the tires are rated for tubes or tubeless, you can run either. But you've got to have the tubes -- or get your rims sealed.
This is right on.

Put tubeless tires on my buddies Road Star this fall with tubes in them.

T.C.

I recommend you go with Avon Venoms from these guys ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts & Motocross Gear | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Do a coupon search code on the net and get 10 to 20 percent off as well. And don't forget the dyna beads.

T.C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can one change from wire spokes wheel on a 1996 Shadow ACE 1100 to alum, wheels
off a 1998 Shadow 1100 ACE Tourer , I think my 1996 Honda VT1100C2
I think has a 15" rear and 18 front and I seen the 98 tourer has 16"

rear and 18" front. Will I have a problem putting the 16" on mine?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know newbs get severely harangued for not using the "search" button. Should I start a new thread?

·
Administrator
10,593 Posts
Honestly, it would probably be the best option. Bumping an old thread doesn't guarantee a response as the thread originator often times has not been on the forum for years. We have a pretty good knowledge base of regular users that most often can answer any question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts