Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a '96 ACE 1100 and was wondering if the tires were tubeless or tube type tires? It has spoked wheels and I wasn't aware that you could have spokes with tubless tires. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks vt700c

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
If you have spoked wheels (like the 1100ACE does) then you need tubed tires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Labswine. That is what I thought. I bought it from a used car dealership and they said that they thought that all tires went tubeless in the '90s. Good to know.
vt700c

·
Registered
284 Posts
Spoke wheels can be sealed so you can run tubeless tires have thought about doing mine tubeless is much safer.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,223 Posts
If you have spoked wheels (like the 1100ACE does) then you need tubes in your tires.
Fixed that. It doesn't matter whether the tires are rated for tubes or tubeless, you can run either. But you've got to have the tubes -- or get your rims sealed.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Fixed that. It doesn't matter whether the tires are rated for tubes or tubeless, you can run either. But you've got to have the tubes -- or get your rims sealed.
This is right on.

Put tubeless tires on my buddies Road Star this fall with tubes in them.

T.C.

I recommend you go with Avon Venoms from these guys ATV Parts, ATV Tires, Dirt Bike Parts & Motocross Gear | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Do a coupon search code on the net and get 10 to 20 percent off as well. And don't forget the dyna beads.

T.C.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can one change from wire spokes wheel on a 1996 Shadow ACE 1100 to alum, wheels
off a 1998 Shadow 1100 ACE Tourer , I think my 1996 Honda VT1100C2
I think has a 15" rear and 18 front and I seen the 98 tourer has 16"

rear and 18" front. Will I have a problem putting the 16" on mine?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,881 Posts

Another thread resurrection of yours asking members who are no longer on the forum questions.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know newbs get severely harangued for not using the "search" button. Should I start a new thread?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,881 Posts
Honestly, it would probably be the best option. Bumping an old thread doesn't guarantee a response as the thread originator often times has not been on the forum for years. We have a pretty good knowledge base of regular users that most often can answer any question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts