Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,245 Posts
What ever you like as long as they fit. Do some research....tons of info about tires out there on the interweb; reviews, opinions, and suggestions, with some facts thrown in the mix.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Pirelli MT66 is good choice, Metzeler 880 or 888 is just as good. Other good tires too. Thus subject has been beat up a lot here, hours and hours of reading.
Welcome, enjoy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,107 Posts
Yeah, there are MANY tire threads with many opinions as there are oil preference threads...
I didn`t wanna be too harsh on our newfound friend here, so I just commented my choice...
Welcome

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Yeah, there are MANY tire threads with many opinions as there are oil preference threads...
I didn`t wanna be too harsh on our newfound friend here, so I just commented my choice...
Welcome
Me too brother, some don't know there is a search function and it really is not a fun search function anyway. And tires change too, so why not be polite:)
Tire selection is a big deal, you ARE trusting your life on them!
There are cheaper, lower end tires that are great but normally don't last as long, what we have recommended are good gripping, higher mileage tires that are not the cheapest, but not highest. The stock dungflops are over priced and under quality in a lot of our opinions. Dunlop does make some good tires, just not the 404's.
Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,107 Posts
I read an article/advert on new design in Dunlop tires which incorporates a harder compound through the center of the tire to increase wear at the "straight up" riding position...
Many tire manufacturers race their tire to test new compounds, processes and techniques...

I loathe search function, it has too many choices;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've put a few hundred miles on a Kenda Kruz rear and a Shinko 777 front tire and like them so far. They feel a ton better than the stock Dunlops I had, but those were also puching 9 years old now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.