Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, but I have a question. I own a 2010 Shadow RS, it has about 1000 miles on it and have just noticed a "tisk" coming from the rear when i begin to slow down. It might have been going on the whole time but just noticed because i rode without my helmet. i have adjusted the chain and cleaned everything up. i dont think it has anything to do with the brakes because it still happens without them applied. just imagine the sound of a rock in a tire, like "tisk, tisk, tisk", but no rock. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Did you check your tire for any ummm say ....Rocks???? Sorry I couldn't resist, But I would check the chain and sprockets first, Mine is shaft drive but ride dirt and chains and sprockets really get a beating there. If the sprocket got a dinged tooth it could make that sound and also check the master link on the chain (not sure what kind of ML they use on the street bikes) all joking aside (this is hard on me) But do check your tires, Had that noise on my cage and drove me nuts trying to figure it out, Finally after a few weeks one tire started to go a little soft, Turned out I had a nail that sealed it self pretty good and you could almost not hear it but being so used to it I heard tic tic tic nonstop and the nail head was gone so nothing sticking out of the tire.

Dauntae

1 - 3 of 3 Posts