Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the 'ol computer yesterday looking up a part for a friend with a '03 A.C.E. 750 and he asked if his bike has two carbs. I told him I thought it did but I wanted to look it up so that we could be sure. The site I was browsing sells OEM parts and they have a microfische (sp) of sorts. You can look up virtually anything related to the bike. After viewing the carbs, we started looking at other aspects including the crank pin. We found that it is a single pin engine which I had heard before but never seen any evidence. I then pulled up parts for my bike, an '06 Aero 750. I found that it, too, has a single pin engine. I was surprised. All this time I assumed it was a dual pin. I knew it sounded different than the 1100 Shadows but I figured it was just the overall design differences and not the crank pin itself.

You learn something new every day. :D

· Registered
327 Posts
Cool, always good to learn new things.
I just learned, like 15 minutes ago, that there are 2 hidden plugs on my bike. I'd heard that there were 4 plugs, but since they are not visable I assumed that refered to the 1100 or a different 750. Guess we have something to post in the "Friday what have you learned thread tommorrow.

· Registered
151 Posts
AERO_HEAD said:
I was on the 'ol computer yesterday looking up a part for a friend with a '03 A.C.E. 750 and he asked if his bike has two carbs. I told him I thought it did but I wanted to look it up so that we could be sure. The site I was browsing sells OEM parts and they have a microfische (sp) of sorts. You can look up virtually anything related to the bike. After viewing the carbs, we started looking at other aspects including the crank pin. We found that it is a single pin engine which I had heard before but never seen any evidence. I then pulled up parts for my bike, an '06 Aero 750. I found that it, too, has a single pin engine. I was surprised. All this time I assumed it was a dual pin. I knew it sounded different than the 1100 Shadows but I figured it was just the overall design differences and not the crank pin itself.

You learn something new every day. :D
So what was the website?!?

· Registered
460 Posts
cool info, need the web addy also. where are the other 2 plugs? i just checked the owner mannual and it doesn't say how many or where. i assumed there were only 2 :oops:

· Registered
865 Posts
beowulf said:
Cool, always good to learn new things.
I just learned, like 15 minutes ago, that there are 2 hidden plugs on my bike. I'd heard that there were 4 plugs, but since they are not visable I assumed that refered to the 1100 or a different 750. Guess we have something to post in the "Friday what have you learned thread tommorrow.
So I assume that my '06 750 Spirit has 4 plugs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.