Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to ship off the motorcycle seat to Raccoossum today and walked in to the local UPS store with just the seat. I didn't have a box at home big enough for the seat. I laid the seat down on the counter and the young man asked me what it was.

It looks like a seat to me, a motorcycle seat to be more specific.

He measured it and weighed it. Then he asked me if it's hazardous material.

Only if it's on fire.

Oh I tried so hard not to be more sarcastic. I know he had to ask me about if it is hazardous, but the first question.....it's a SEAT! Sometimes a little common sense is all it takes.

Hope everyone had a safe and merry Christmas and New Year's. Be safe out there this year.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Probably habit, people show-up with boxes all day long, you can imagine you'd have a set spiel.. Probably thought himself daft after the fact.. At least We can hope he did :)

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
bet it was Not Cheep to ship ?? :p

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Common sense ain't so common. Remember, the guy is working is a shipping store. If he was a rocket scientist he'd be working for NASA.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
You should have told him it's only hazardous when attached to the motorcycle. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
I earned my "sign" the other day too...
Went to town to mail a box and left the box at home:D

Next trip Gnarly, promise...
D
Boy, I sure hope that ain't the metric.. I do that kind of thing all the time :lol:

·
Registered
10,253 Posts
Common sense ain't so common. Remember, the guy is working is a shipping store. If he was a rocket scientist he'd be working for NASA.
Might be all the JOB he can get, take it easy on him:)
Now, for a funnier here's your sign.....
A buddy of mine travels to hunt a lot, quite often by planes....
He returns from a hunt where he had been BOW hunting....
As he is claiming his BOW, the TSA agent asked if it was loaded, yes, is it loaded, and he had to explain that just because his arrows were in the same case didn't mean it was loaded! If you are curiois, this agent was thesame that checked it on a week prior!And these people are a major key to our national security!
Coop

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I got my sign a couple of weeks ago. Drove over to Burger King to grab some breakfast and for some silly reason they wouldn't give me my food.

Figured out it was because I forgot to bring my wallet...:roll:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
You should have told him it's only hazardous when attached to the motorcycle. ;)
I SPIT when I read that lmao.

Could have been worse, you could have said "its only hazardous if I ride near you when youre driving".

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
Got me another "sign" today ;)

Went to the Post Office earlier with that box for Gnarly, only to find the business portion CLOSED on weekends...
Yeah, NOW I remember they claim to be saving $$$ by closing 1/2 day Wednesdays and all day on weekends :D

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, I forgot to add this....The email that Raccoossum sent with her address had a "TY :)" before the name and address line. He added that. I told him that was a "thank you" and a smiley face. He asked me if I wanted him to remove it. Um....YES!

·
Registered
365 Posts
My sign. I got to ride today for the first time in two weeks. I'm riding up Custer Rd and I noticed my vision is kind of blurred. Thinking 'I forgot my glasses!' With a helmet on and face shield, I really can't feel them. At a stop light, I jerked my visor up and felt around. They were there on my nose ****ed at a 45 degree angle about to fall off my face. These things happen to seniors. Quickly fixing the situation, I jammed my shield down and looked around to see if anyone noticed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts