Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out about 9:00 tonight for about 2 hrs. Amazing ride. Temp was @ 53, no wind, and a heavy fog. Rode the back roads at 30-35 mph. Visibility was 1/2 mile according to the weatherman. Like being the only person left. VERY little traffic, (4 cars) and they were creeping too. A little nippy, little wet, but totally worth it. Roads I've ridden 100 times seemed totally alien and new. Coyotes yapping here and there just made it better. Damn it was a great couple of hours.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Went out about 9:00 tonight for about 2 hrs. Amazing ride. Temp was @ 53, no wind, and a heavy fog. Rode the back roads at 30-35 mph. Visibility was 1/2 mile according to the weatherman. Like being the only person left. VERY little traffic, (4 cars) and they were creeping too. A little nippy, little wet, but totally worth it. Roads I've ridden 100 times seemed totally alien and new. Coyotes yapping here and there just made it better. Damn it was a great couple of hours.
Sweet Ride Man :p

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Man....as I read that, I could feel it. I can still feel it now, thinking about it...I know exactly the surreal quality of it. Rides like that are the ones I will never forget. Thanks for sharing that, brother...

·
Registered
503 Posts
last nights ride

i got new rubber on the bike last week, and i have been taking it around the town on short trips.
i also bought a new jacket, and havnt tested it in every scenerio.
last night i decided to go to the kavabar for an hour in the rain. it was a light rain, and i had a new riding jacket that wasnt "water proof" but i wasnt sure how permeable it was.

its about 7 miles one way, the rain was a light drizzle, and the jacket held up fine all the way through the light drizzle up to the heavy rain that i managed to find half way there.
heavy rain for about 4 miles soaked through my pants, and also got through the jackets breath panels.

my torso was dryer than my legs by far, so i guess the jacket gets ok marks as not water proof, but not terrible either.
once i got to the kavabar it poured the entire time i was there, my bike has a fabric panel on the seat. i had to put a plastic bag down to ride home.
the ride home was drama free, and i didnt even feel the need for a hot shower upon arrival.
72, and rainy. coulda been worse i suppose. not a bad after-work wind down.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That makes me smile. I love riding a night, but would prefer low 80's instead of 50's.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Been like that in the car a few times...not a big fan of 2 wheels in the fog....but I know what your talking about. Pretty sweet when you can check out for a few hours like that :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts