Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my Deer vs Motorcycle Crash, me & my Bike slid and tumbled 140 feet on the pavement...
The left side cover broke & came off, the door to my documents compartment was ripped off too, thus allowing the original tool kit to be lost...
It IS a handy thing to have and I`m looking for a replacement...
Any help will be appreciated...
Crashing SUCKS (got the patch)
Dennis

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've been meaning to get one from this chinese site but haven't gotten around to it. The most important things for me are the tools for adjusting the rear shocks and for removing the tires. Spent an eternity trying to find a bolt head that fit in my axle nut the last time I tried to change my tires lol.

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Captain,
I have one from a 97' ACE 1100 if you need it.
Yes, I`m in the market for the kit...
I found the front axle wrench (22) and the flat screwdriver bit in my boot, where the wrecker driver put it...
I hadn`t worn these boots since the wreck April 8, but needed boots the other day and when I slipped my foot in the right one, theose tolls were there...
I`ll send you a private message,
Dennis

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been meaning to get one from this chinese site but haven't gotten around to it. The most important things for me are the tools for adjusting the rear shocks and for removing the tires. Spent an eternity trying to find a bolt head that fit in my axle nut the last time I tried to change my tires lol.
I don`t see a link to ""this" Chinese site" you mention, it could come in handy,
D

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The last resort might be the dealership.
Expensive, but not collectors item expensive, maybe cheaper than buying missing pieces individually and I'd trust crappy Honda pliers more than crappy unknown copy pliers.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Here is a great looking factory kit for only $30.00

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a great looking factory kit for only $30.00

Thank You for doing the leg work for me!!!
I`m unfamiliar with such things that I don`t venture out there into the cyber world, much...
TRhat`s the kit I had,
D

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
You are welcome. Ebay is my friend as I look for parts for my old bike.
Are you healing up well?
I though of you a few weeks ago riding on a back road and a big deer ran across about 30 feet in front of me .
I was going slow so no danger - Unless there was another close behind.
Damn deer, as you say !

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Honda Toolkit for your specific year/model is available on any Honda OEM parts supplier - like partzilla, HondaPartshouse, Babbets - the online parts fisch "tools" group is just like other parts goup such as "clutch", etc... The whole tool can be ordered ( ~$44) or just the ones your missing - and the prices aren't bad...
Here's the link(partzilla) - https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/1998/vt750cd-a-shadow-vlx-deluxe/tools
Swifty's ebay link is a bit cheaper, but if ya just need a couple replacements the OEM suppliers have em...
HondaToolKit.JPG

·
Registered
16,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, all I found is the front axle wrebch & flat screwdriver bit from mine...
Those were stuffed inside my boot from the wrecker driver...
I reallylike the sprarkplug tool, it works better`n any other...
We gotta swap meet coming up in Helen this weekend, so I`ll hold off until I chech there...
Mostly HD parts there though :(
BUT their saddlebags & fairings are universal :D

I`m notta much of a computer shopper, and your links "are the bomb!" so to say...

Thanks Guys, Y`all are GREAT!!
D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts