Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently went to change the handlebars on my bike, I ended up wanting some new risers with it as well. So I got the risers and realized I had to drill out the top clamp for the new riser bolts to fit. In the process of drilling them out, the left side tore out.

Is it safe to pop it back in, bolt my risers on and continue using this top clamp?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My risers fit with no drilling, did you plan or research risers before you bought them and started drilling out parts on your bike? There are bike specific risers, also bike specific oem and aftermarket handlebars.

Dingo.

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
My risers fit with no drilling, did you plan or research risers before you bought them and started drilling out parts on your bike? There are bike specific risers, also bike specific oem and aftermarket handlebars.

Dingo.
He must not have. All metric risers use the same thread size. He probably got some Harley risers.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Admittedly, I did the same thing on my riser replacement and drilling out the bushings. The first went smooth, the right hand bushing took a fatal beating. I installed the risers without the right hand bushing, shrug, handle bars are a smidgen off, but I'm the only rider of this bike, been like this since 2007 or 08. It shouldn't bother your handling. At least it hasn't bothered mine.
It's not a part you can replace, unless you replace that portion of the triple tree.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts