Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now for my third post
whats everyone getting for top speeds out of there vlx 600s ?
i have gotten 85 with more to go just run out of road

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I had the desire when I first got my vlx, it's an 06, I pushed it a bit over 100 mph and that was about all it had, but this light cruiser is very unstable at that speed. Now with the gearing change from the stock 44 tooth rear sprocket to a 41 tooth rear sprocket I haven't gotten it above 95 and it's still not a heavy enough bike to be real stable at 95.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Not sure what the top speed is but pretty sure it's either fast enough to get to the next traffic traffic ticket or scene of the crash. Not looking for either one but, I have had my VT750 up to 93 per my GPS on the autobahn coming back from Octoberfest in Munich. Might not have been a good idea given how much beer I had to drink the day/ night before!

·
Registered
330 Posts
My Phantom ran like a scalded dog right up to 93 mph and just stopped pulling, it's fuel injected so I assume Honda programmed in a limit and just stopped giving it fuel up to a certain point.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have never gone past 82 on it. I know it will I just have no desire. I got all that speed and wheelies and such out of my system when I was younger. As I tell my son when he starts talking about me not being able to keep up with the sport bikes "they call this thing a cruiser for a reason son"

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I know mine will do 85 mph with both me and my wife on it and still had more. Hated running that fast especially with her on it with me but the thunderstorm we were trying to outrun was NASTY. Dangerous lightning, and I could see the blinding rain coming. We ended up getting home with just a few minutes to spare.

Other than that I'm with XApacheDoc, my racer days are long gone and I'm happy cruising at 60-65 mph anymore.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have no idea or the desire to find out what the top speed is for Ida.

Welcome to the forum.
It's 99mph,,,,had to chase some very dark black clouds and found out following everyone else who was doing the same

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have never gone past 82 on it. I know it will I just have no desire. I got all that speed and wheelies and such out of my system when I was younger. As I tell my son when he starts talking about me not being able to keep up with the sport bikes "they call this thing a cruiser for a reason son"
you got a nice looking shadow there!

·
Registered
565 Posts
aww the vlx and shadow 750 can do turns handily, beat a zx11r bigger sport bike until he hit just past the apex and beat a 1900cc cruiser in the twisties even had my vlx at a 45 degree lean, but decided i'd never ever do that again

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
aww the vlx and shadow 750 can do turns handily, beat a zx11r bigger sport bike until he hit just past the apex and beat a 1900cc cruiser in the twisties even had my vlx at a 45 degree lean, but decided i'd never ever do that again
I loved grinding my 750's pegs, but why does everyone think thats a bad thing? I cant easily grind on the Fury cause it still has stock pegs and they are too loose.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
It's 99mph,,,,had to chase some very dark black clouds and found out following everyone else who was doing the same
Thanks for the info. There has been few changes to Ida. Cobra Drag Pipes, less back pressure, stage 1 kit in carb, more fuel available and finally 38 tooth rear sprocket. Ida may do 100 plus, but way to light on the front tire. May hit a rock in the road then Ida may turn into a Tiger. Remember hold on to a Tigers tail because it's about to get real interesting.

I enjoy a nice boring ride.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thanks for the info. There has been few changes to Ida. Cobra Drag Pipes, less back pressure, stage 1 kit in carb, more fuel available and finally 38 tooth rear sprocket. Ida may do 100 plus, but way to light on the front tire. May hit a rock in the road then Ida may turn into a Tiger. Remember hold on to a Tigers tail because it's about to get real interesting.

I enjoy a nice boring ride.
I had cobra pipes, k&n filter/air mod, stage 3 jet kit and dyno tuned,,,,only did 99
also had a wider from tire .5 wider
and a race chain
Pirelli tires

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.