Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay........ I have been a supporter of these motorcycle shows for years.

I can't believe it today. I arrived at 10am for the opening.......

$18.00 to get in

They can kiss my fata$$. I will never again pay for that. What a ripoff.

My poor buddy brought the wife and kids and it cost him almost $80 just to get in.

AND FOR WHAT????????

The same old east indian fellas with their 10 booths of leather
The same old sunglasses guy set up in 10 different booths
Sit on some new bikes that most of us can't afford and only dream about.

OH YA.............LIKE THE AD SAID

"Meet Michelle Smith from American Thunder"...... I never saw her nor did I even hear anything over the loud speaker for her

"Meet Ron Finch, legendary bike builder".........WHERE? never saw him

"LIVE BANDS"........... where .........didn't hear any of them?

THE SHOW WAS CRAP AND NOT WORTH THE $18 ADMISSION.

THIS WAS MY LAST SHOW.........GUARENTIED.

THANKS FOR READY MY RANT.

Cheers and Happy New year.

Mark

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just found the website for these ripoff artists.

www.supershowevents.com/contact

I just sent an email to the President and told him that raising the price by over 35% from last year is ridiculous and how they just took a family outing and destroyed it.

Here is the guy to email

President - Bar Hodgson
[email protected]

MAYBE IF WE ALL SEND AN EMAIL, THEY WILL GET THE MESSAGE? TIME TO FIGHT THESE RIPOFF ARTISTS

Here is the email I sent him.

Hello,

I have been a very strong supporter of your Motorcycle Show held at the Toronto International Centre for many, many years now. Myself and my buddies look forward to getting together and starting the new year off by wandering through the show, picking up bargains and looking at the bikes. I am now at the age where we now have teenage kids that like to attend the show with us.

I want to bring it to your attention how disgusted we all were when we arrived at the ticket booths to find out the admission was $18.00 per person.... YIKES.

I heard many people in the line saying the same things our group was saying. Bottom line is you should be disgusted at yourselves. You advertised Michelle Smith from American Thunder being there. I never saw her. You advertised Ron Finch being there. I never saw him. I believe the radio said "live bands". I didn't hear any. I was listening for the loud speaker to indicate any of the guests. Never heard from it all day????

I found this years lame and very repetitive as the last couple years. However, I found myself paying about 25-35% more? When's the last time you got a 25% raise? I guess you will this year.

To see people having to scramble to bank machines and yelling to their friends

"can you spot me till later?",

"$18.00........what a ripoff".

"What do you mean they don't take debit at the ticket booth?".

I even saw one guy say to his daughter. "Honey, it's too much money. Let's go home". If you saw the look on this guys daughter's face you would have beens so disgusted.

I am telling you honestly. You are going to loose alot of people next year. If you do decide to act on this email, I hope you are smart enough to advertise the price of admission in your radio ads next year so people aren't afraid to come back.

One other thing. I mentioned my concern to somebody that works there. I was very suprised to hear them say "Well hey if you went downtown, you would have to pay for parking"......... My reply was "That is why I don't go downtown for a show"

Good luck and thanks for the years past.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I guess I'm paying $18 tomorrow :(

Oh well, I have a bunch of people to meet and it'll be fun for that.

I'll try to look at it like $10 admission and $8 bucks parking :roll:

They should just charge parking, since its hidden in the cost of admission anyhow. :roll:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I'm going too. I need a helmet and am hoping for a deal. I didn't have to pay for the December show so I'll consider it a 2 for 1 deal. lol! :lol:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Do Your Homework Before You Go!!!!

Yes, some of the items were a rip-off!

One vendor was selling a showchrome luggage rack for $60.00 used with scuffs and scratches with a tag that had $129.95 new retail - come on! Knowing the price I went to my local motorcycle store - the owner said that he could get me one for $50.00.

Helmets - I bought mine from a bike store in Burlington for $49.95 - vendors were selling the same one for $69.95.

Kury grips for $85.00 - my brother recently got his in town for $65.00, Formotion Clocks, and the list goes on... there were not a whole lot of deals unless you were looking to buy a new bike or a leather coat. When I returned, I went to a local motorcycle leather store and bought a set on HD boots for the same price - they didn't have to many of the common sizes at the show.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Develop a good relationship with your local vendor and support them - I will certainly think twice about going to this particular show again!

HEY, IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO OFFER DEALS - DON'T WAIST OUR TIME VENDORS!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Supershow website has a $3.00 off coupon on it.

Saw the blond chick and other scanky and hot babes, saw Ron Finch. Bought my hot pepperoni, bought a passanger seat bag.
Saw some great mods and customs.

Had a great 4-5 hours.

Bill

·
Registered
392 Posts
i too went to the show today and it cost me38 bucks to get in for me and my 2 boys, wow.
i too found that there were no great deals.
i was looking for a few acesssories for my bike ,04 shadow aero
found a light bar i was looking at for $412 bucks and a back rest from honda that tha guy wanted $139 for the back rest bar $59 for the pad and another $130 for the rail pieces. what a rip .when i priced it out at my local dealer last fall it was $262 for everything needed. what a crock. probably the last time i go. and like what was prev mentioned alot of the booths i went to i was told or heard a sales person say try our other booth it might be there.
save your money and don't waste your time.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Nanoose Boy said:
The Supershow website has a $3.00 off coupon on it.

Saw the blond chick and other scanky and hot babes, saw Ron Finch. Bought my hot pepperoni, bought a passanger seat bag.
Saw some great mods and customs.

Had a great 4-5 hours.

Bill
No coupon for Sunday, only Friday and some of Saturday.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey Lisa!

Sorry we missed you guys! My hat goes off to you and Willie for riding there and back today!!

I was a little taken back at the admission price though. Seems to me it was a lot less last year. Lots of used bikes for sale this year??? Enjoyed looking at the vintage bikes.

and yes, Michele Smith was there, that was the last display we viewed....

...Rick

·
Registered
392 Posts
who is michelle smith??

lisa and willie what did u think of the show itself?
i to went for a ride this morning for about an hour and a half. i was a liottle chilly by the end but its all worth it, was a nice day to just cruise.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The show was pretty darn big and I know I missed a bunch of stuff but I thought it was wasn't bad. I didn't see any good deals on helmets or other things but I had fun. My buddy Ron & I hung out at the vintage bike area quite a bit after parting with Lisa, Chris & Crystal.

I'm glad you made it home OK Lisa. I went for an hour ride after dropping off Ron, kept it at a slooooow speed so I wouldn't freeze. lol!

We had a bunch of guys point and laugh at Ron because he was on the back of my bike. Then Ron noticed that they all got into a mini van. Sure, laugh away there cool boys. hahaha!! BTW - Ron rides but he's put his bike away already and he agreed to be my guinea pig passenger (first for me). I would have liked it if he didn't get on my bike and said 'don't kill me', but other than that I did pretty good with the extra person aboard. :D

BIG thanks to Lisa for my new Crazy Canucks patch! I'll have to get some more patches and get sewing on my new leather vest. 8)

·
Registered
151 Posts
looks like I'll be dishing out $20+ next weekend for the edmonton one...
$12.50 to get in, and $8 for parking....

last year all I bought was a pair of socks for the wife (bitchen gear) and a pin in support of the local cops for cancer.....
don't really know why I keep handing over the cash, other then a good afternoon away with the boys...... (maybe we should head to the pub instead and each grab a pitcher of beer.....)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is the T.O. show the same coming to Montreal in late February?
i'm new to the bike world and i'm not to informed on what prices are for accessories and stuff....
i guess i'll hold off on the vendors at the show as the comments above said they were pretty much all over-pricing the stuff they have for sale :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts