Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,698 Posts
I didn't watch the whole thing, but looks like a staged safety video. No blood, no parts, no before or during, no helmets and so far no bike.

Dingo.

· Registered
11,300 Posts
Start to finish.....seems not real to me.

Too inconsistent, no bike, the 'victim' looked pretty good for someone who flew off a bike and slid down a cliff.....landed flat on her back with her arms at her side, conscious, able to move......nah. Besides, why set such a 'tragedy' to music. Hell, why hold your phone in one hand and record things when you're trying to help a seriously injured crash victim who just crashed and went over a cliff?

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Start to finish.....seems not real to me.

Too inconsistent, no bike, the 'victim' looked pretty good for someone who flew off a bike and slid down a cliff.....landed flat on her back with her arms at her side, conscious, able to move......nah. Besides, why set such a 'tragedy' to music. Hell, why hold your phone in one hand and record things when you're trying to help a seriously injured crash victim who just crashed and went over a cliff?
I suppose it's possible but I doubt it is fake.

Imo, she just wasn't thrown all that far from the bike and landed on her back.

The Video gives the impression that she fell all the way down the cliff (or most of the way) where she may have only slide down 15-30 feet and got caught up on the small tree she was against.

One clue is the Rescue people needing to cut away brush immediately to begin descending down the cliff, the other clue is the Girl on the Gurnee
towords the end sure appears to be her. Also there appears to be a Helmet next to her near her Waist (at 1:58 min in).

I think it's real myself... Dramatized perhaps with the scans of the entire cliff etc, but real.

One thing for sure is i like that song that was played and downloaded it (as well as the entire original song and album from the 80's) immediately after seeing that Youtube and its now on my Bikes Zune player.

That and I was touched by that stranger that called for rescue holding her hand until help came.

Here's the original source for the video which blocked the Womans face

Almost 1 million people have looked at it and VERY few seem to think its fake.... hmmmmm

· Registered
612 Posts
I feel like it's real.
One reason is the crappy footage.
You don't stage something and then film it with one of those pathetic 3D cameras on a camera phone. Not sure if I would film the ordeal. I don't think I would even think to.
Bu I'm sure he and the woman are glad he did.

I'm guessing the guy filming it added the song when editing the footage.
Good choice.

The morale of the story:
Help each other. Be someone's rock if you're able to.
It pays back in volumes.

Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
454 Posts
That one should make you slow down some I guess. I try to never go over the limit and always look as far ahead as I can see while riding to watch out for the others driving around me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.